Annabelle

*The kids are 6 months now. They can speak in almost fully-formed sentences and can walk without falling over. Wade has been on a couple missions since they were born and is currently on one that has made him absent for about a month or so. About a month or two after the kids stopped breastfeeding, I woke up in my old body.*

"Papa, when's daddy gon come home?" Dustin asked as he tugged on the bottom of my shirt to gain my attention.

"I don't know, buddy." I told him as I continued to make dinner for the three of us.

"Is he gon come home soon?" He asked.

"I hope so, little man." I smiled and bent down to kiss him on the top of his brown haired, tiny head. "Why don't you go play with your sister while papa finishes dinner, mkay?" He nodded and left my side.

I watched the kids play in our big living room with their toys as I finished cooking our dinner of mac and cheese, lasagna, garlic bread, and corn on the cob. When dinner was done, I carried all the food over to our dinner table and made both of the kids plates as they got into their booster seats. I sat their cooled food in front of them and started making my plate.

"Papa, I no like bread." Dustin said as he picked it up and tried handing it to me.

"Try it, it's garlic bread, it's good." I took a bite of my piece and gave an audible "Mmm" as I showed him it was good.

He tried it and told me it was actually pretty good before eating the whole piece and asking for another. We had gotten halfway through our dinner until someone knocked on the door. I wiped my mouth and excused myself from the table while I opened the door.

"Hey, Pete." I was greeted by dad and Steve.

"Hey, dads." I welcomed them in.

"Sorry we're late, your dad just had to finish the finishing touches on something he was working on." Steve said as he sat the homemade pie on the table.

"No problem." I smiled and retrieved two more plates.

"Hey, little ones!" They greeted the kids as they hugged them.

"Pappy! Grampa Steve!" They both yelled and hugged them back.

"What have you two been up to all day, huh?" Dad asked them as he sat them back in their booster seats.

"Playin with papa." Zoey answered.

"Yeah? Did you have fun?"

"Mmhm!" She happily nodded.

"Good!" I handed them their plates and they started putting food on them.

We continued eating and talking as someone else knocked on the door.

"Who could that be?" I raised an eyebrow as I went to answer it for the second time tonight. I opened it and there stood the love of my life, my kids father, my one and only, my- well, you catch my drift....

"WADE!!!!!" I yelled and jumped into his arms. As soon as his thick arms were holding me, I ripped off his mask and doused his face with loving kisses.

"I missed you too, baby boy." He chuckled at my affection. "Hey! You got your body back!" He looked me over then kissed me.

I forgot he hasn't seen us back in our regular body since before we got pregnant.

I laid my head on his shoulder as I held onto his neck with a death grip.

"I missed you so much!" I started crying into the side of his neck.