The Hellhouse

"Ah, fuck!" I cried out as I was awoken by what felt like someone stabbing me in the gut.

I looked around but there was no one to be found.

"Chill guys, I get it, you're hungry." My head fell back onto the pillows.

Myswell make somethin to eat before they bust through your stomach and do it themselves.

I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

No morning sickness? That's new.... I missed those days where I wasn't puking all morning.

"Where's Wade?" I asked myself.

I got out the materials to make a decent sized breakfast then let my mind wonder.

What if he already went down to 'The Hellhouse' and got a mission? 'The Hellhouse'.... I wonder if the people in it live up to its name.... Do I really wanna find out? Do I really want a job as a mercs employer? I already don't like the idea of killing people and especially not for money! Maybe I should just look for a job in the papers like a normal person. Do people even get papers anymore? Is that still a thing? Seems a little out dated if you ask me. What kind of job would I like? I have no fuckin idea....... Maybe I should just go back and beg for my job back from Mr. Jameson. I mean... I liked my job just not-

"Mornin, babe. Your body feel better?" I jumped as two arms gently rested on my belly and a kiss was pressed to my temple.

"Holy shit, Wade! You scared the hell outta me! Don't do that!" I yelled as I turned in his arms and pushed him away.

"Sorry, Petey. Didn't know you didn't hear me come in. Musta been zoned out." He kissed me.

"Where were you?" I asked, still a little agitated that he snuck up on me.

"The store, it's a nice day outside so I decided to walk to the store and back."

He pointed to the grocery bags on the table.

"It's a beautiful day but you still went out in your suit?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I still don't like walking around without it by myself." His head lowered as he fidgeted with his mask that was in his hands.

I kissed him and told him how beautiful he was then went back to finish cooking my food.

"You eat get?" I asked.

"Yeah, I ate before I left."

"What time is it?" I looked around for the clock but his eyes beat mine.

"Little after 3. You still wanna go down and see if Patch'll give ya a job?"

"I guess."

"Now don't get too excited." He said sarcasticly.

"Sorry, I just don't know. I appreciate you helping me get a job but I think it should be something I like. I love taking photos, I love photography! That's why I loved my old job."

"I understand that, babe, but the boss treated you like shit."

"Wait.... How do you know that? I've never told you about Mr. Jameson."

"No, but I knew a guy that worked up there and he said that he treated everyone like they're worthless. I don't want you working for someone that puts you down or calls you names or thinks you're worthless when you're not."

"That's sweet of you, Wade, but it's okay, you get used to it and it doesn't bother you anymore after a while."

"That remind you of something?" I grabbed my plate and sat at the table beside him.