Belle's (Ex)Boyfriend

*A little over a month had past and our new eight-legged friend should be arriving today. I found a male Peocilotheria Metallica that was due to arrive today and would be ready to mate with Sapphire by the end of this week, if not, the next. He would be maturing around the day he was set to arrive and Sapphire would be his first. We're all excited to meet Sapphire's suitor and new family member, so let's start this day off with a bang.*

CRASH!

I immediately jumped out of bed at the sound of the loud crash of glass meeting the floor. I grabbed my pants from the floor beside the bed as I ran swiftly out the bedroom door. As I made my way to the living room, I struggled to put them on.

"What the hell was that?!" I scanned the living room to find Wade picking Sapphire up off the floor, her 2 gallon tank laying in shattered pieces, and the kids looking at me with fear in their eyes.

"Sorry, Papa." Dustin said as his eyes and head lowered to the floor.

"It's okay, everyone get back from the glass. Belle, get me the broom and dustpan. Zoey, I need the trash can and my rubber gloves that I use for the dishes. Dustin, go into the closet and grab the little carrying case she came in." All three of the kids did as they were told.

I cleaned up the tank and mess that was on the floor.

"Sorry." Dustin said from the couch.

"At least it happened on a hard wood floor." I said as I stood up.

"I didn't mean to knock it off." He said.

"What happened? How did you knock it off?" I asked him.

"They were fucking around." Wade said as he was looking at Sapphire.

"Guys, I told you not to mess around by the tank." I said to them.

"We wanted to see Sapphire."

"Okay, but you know that you can't be messing around her tank for this reason." I motioned to the floor then the trash can.

"Sorry."

I was about to lecture Wade about not stopping them but stopped when I saw him holding her above his face.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Where's her naughty bits?" He asked as he searched.

The kids chuckled to themselves as I rolled my eyes and did the same.

"Her 'naughty bits' are inside her and concealed by a flap of skin." I went over and sat beside him.

"Then.... how do you know it's a girl if you can't see her vag?" He asked.