Panic Attacks Suck!

Woke up with my alarm.... alone.
Got a shower.... alone.
Ate breakfast.... alone.
Made lunch for myself.... alone.
Drove to work.... alone.

Are you seein a pattern here?

I got out of the Jeep and walked into the The Hellhouse.... not alone.

"Hey, Pete, Deadpool come back last night?" I heard Weasel ask. I smiled and turned to him before shaking my head.

"No, he said that he probably won't be back for a couple days."

"That's actually a quick mission, most take atleast a week if not more."

"So I've heard." I sighed.

We walked in and I greeted Patch before going behind the counter of the bar.

"Mind if I sit and bullshit for a while?" Weasel asked.

"Not at all, Jack. Sit. You wanna beer?"

"Sure." He sat and placed the money on the counter.

We started talkin about whatever popped into our heads after I handed him the mug.

A guy walked up to the counter and I smiled, waiting for him to tell me his order. He didn't say anything, just stood there and stared at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked with the smile still on my face.

"I heard you were dating Deadpool."

"Uh-hu!" I said proudly.

"Good, you're comin with me." He grabbed me and started pulling me across the counter.

"What the hell?! Let me go!"

"T-Ray, drop him." Weasel tried to sound commanding but it came out as more of a whimpering plea.

"Or what? You're gonna tell your mommy on me?"

He stood me on my feet and I slammed my fist into his chest, making him let me go.

"Don't... fuckin.... touch me!" I punched him in the gut and he hit the wall that was about 10 feet away, hard.

I was so pissed and scared that I was sweating and panting so perfusely that I felt a panic attack start to take over me.

"Pete?" Weasel put his hand in my shoulder and I almost flipped out on him. "Calm down." I heard him say as a panic attack rushed through me even more.

My breathing got heavier and I dropped to the floor. I clutched my head and rocked back and forth. I started singing the song that always comforted me when I was having a panic attack: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." Weasel said as he tried to calm me down.

I remember him pulling me into his lap then everything went black.

"Pete, Pete! You okay buddy?" Weasel called. I could faintly hear him but not enough to get me back.

I felt something wet, like a cool, wet cloth, get placed on my forehead. I tried my hardest to open my eyes but they were too heavy.

"Pete! I see you're trying but you gotta try harder. Come on, come back." His voice was louder this time but it still sounded distant.

"Hey, kid!" Patch called then I felt a hard slap.

"Patch!"

"Shh! Kid, can you hear us?" I wanted to respond but couldn't.

"If you can hear, move you fingers." I tried and questioned if I was even doing anything to show them I could hear.