Day 3

I woke up to the smell of breakfast sausage filling my nose.

"That smells good." I said as I sat up and saw Wade setting out food in our spots on the floor.

"Come eat then." He reached out for me to take his hand. I didn't accept it but still got out of bed. I sat beside him and we watched cartoons while we ate.

"I still think this sausage tastes weird." He said as he took another bite.

"There's definitely something off about it but it's not bad. Come to think about it, there's always one thing in our food that tastes off. Have you noticed that? Breakfast it's the sausage, lunch it's the ham, and dinner it's the steak." I figured out.

"Maybe the meat's organic or some shit like that." He said as we kept eating.

"Maybe."

We finished our breakfast and got back onto the bed to play cards, like usual. After every meal, we play war then double sloitare and finish it off with go fish. That's when we learn a little about each other. During the games, we ask questions. When we're bored with cards, we watch TV until our next meal. When dinner's over, we lay in bed until we fall asleep, carrying a conversation usually.

"Hey Spidey, you know you can take your mask off, right? I'm not pressuring you to but it's not like I'm gonna remember your face when we get out. You don't have to and you don't to tell me your name but I'd like to see your face. Like I said, you don't have to but you got no competition with ugly cause I'd win that in a heartbeat. Nothin's uglier than my mug. I promise I won't make fun of you or anything but..... can you?" He asked. I didn't answer, just thought about it.

"Can you atleast describe some of your features?" He asked.

What he told me in my dream flashed through my head. I repeated what he had said.

"You sound like you you just quoted someone, who was it? Who told you that?" He curiously asked.

"Someone told me that in my dream, why?" I told him, not saying who said it.

"Just wonderin if it's a reliable source." He told me.

"Should be, you said it."

"It was me? I said it? Wait.... I was in your dream?" He asked as he tried to get me to look at him.

"Shit, I said that out loud?" I asked. He put his finger under my chin and lifted it so I would face him.

Why are you letting him do that? He's touching us! Stop him!

I pulled away from his finger but continued to look at him.

"Spidey, can you please take off your mask." He asked, trying to study my masked face. I thought about it some more then took it off, revealing myself to him.

"Atleast I wasn't lying." His eyes scanned every inch of my face, taking in everything he could. I felt his thumb graze over my cheek and I tried to pull away but his hand cupped my face. He didn't try anything, just kept lightly massaging my cheek with his thumb.

"Your skin's so soft." He told me. I could feel the ruggedness of his scars on his hand. They scraped my face, feeling a bit like sandpaper that was over used but still had that rough edginess to it.

"I remember when my skin felt like that. That and when I had long blond locks." He said as his hand trailed up my face and into my hair, gently letting his fingertips kiss my scalp as he ran his hand through my hair. I let a quiet hum leave my throat as he continued to play with my hair.

"You have beautiful eyes too." He told me as his thumb ran the bone under my eye. For some reason I didn't feel threatened to close it and keep it closed; just occasionally blinking.

"They're so dark and full." He commented as he stared me in the eyes.

"Thank you." I told him and felt something.

Are you getting nervous?

"Your face is red, are you embarrassed?" He asked. I felt my face get hotter and I looked away. After some silence, we turned our ways and started to go to sleep.

"Spidey-" He started.

You know he's gonna ask to cuddle, right?

"Can I cuddle with you if I put a pillow in between us?" He desperately asked. I could hear how badly he wanted to but still thought hard about it. After time went by and I didn't answer he took that as a 'no'.

"Night, Spidey." He sighed like he did every night I told him no.

I rolled over and clutched to his chest. He looked at me, shock and confusion filling his blue eyes.

"G'night, Wade." I hugged him and started to fall asleep. He started mumbling stuff about me finally laying with him, how I was so soft, and he needed to not fuck this up. I fell asleep when he started playing with my hair.

That feels so good.

2/17/16