Annabelle's Orientation

A couple months later and Annabelle's a little over 6 1/2. Dustin and Zoey are a year and a half.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I woke up to my alarm screaming at me.

"God, snooze that bitch!" Wade rolled over and faced the other way before covering his head with a pillow.

"Can't. Today is the day that we talk to the administrators about gettin Annabelle into preschool. C'mon, I'm gonna call Dad and Steve to see if they can come sit with the other kids. Can you get Annabelle up and dressed nice, please?" I asked as I got out of bed.

I went and did my business in the bathroom then headed to the kitchen to start breakfast. When I was done cooking and the plates were full and set on the table, I went in to see if Wade had done as I asked.

I walked into our room and saw Wade hadn't moved.

"Wade, get up, please? This is really important and I would really like you to be there with me and her." I rolled Wade over and he opened his eyes.

"I'm up and she's ready. I did as you said, just laid back down after." He smiled.

"You did?" I hate to say it, but I was shocked to hear he actually listened.

"Yep. Go take a look." He nodded to the door.

I left the bedside and walked across the hall to the kid's room. I opened the door and saw all the kids up and sitting at the edges of each of their beds.

Annabelle looked nice and presentable in her favorite black and blue dress.

She always wants to wear it but I told her that it's only for special occasions

"I see you got your favorite dress on. Did you pick it out or did Daddy?" I asked, a big smile rested on my face.

"Daddy said I could wear it." She smiled back.

"Papa, when can we go to school?" Dustin asked.

"Well, you're not old enough yet. As soon as you're old enough, I promise, you'll go to school just like Annabelle." I told both of them.

"Why don't you guys go eat before your breakfast gets too cold?" Wade stood in the doorway and told them.

All three of them took off for the table.

"You don't gotta tell those three twice." I chuckled. "And thank you for listening, Wade." I pulled him in for a loving kiss.

"You sure she's ready, Petey?" Wade gave me an unsettling look.