Chapter 72- Brown Eyes

Start from the beginning

I suddenly stood and felt my stomach tense.
I didn't know how he would react seeing me stood here, but I had to face it, I had to speak to him about it some time.

I braced myself as I saw the car turn the corner...but it wasn't Joker's car...

I squinted my eyes, trying to see who was driving, but to no use.

I stepped back in angst, hitting my back against the stony hillside.

The car came to a halt, then the drivers door opened slowly.
Suddenly, Frost appeared stepping out- the moonlight highlighting his shocked expression.

"Ivy?" He exclaimed quietly in surprise.

"Johnny! Thank god it's you!" I exhaled in relief, running to him.

I hugged him loosely, and he hugged back- but he seemed to question my actions at first.

"Why the hell are you out here? You can't be-"

"I know, I know! Can you just help me inside before J comes back?" I cut him off, pulling away.

He nodded, then pulled out a little remote with a red button and pressed it.

We both got on the panel, then we were both transported downward.

"I'm so thankful, Frost" I sighed, feeling my heartbeat slow down.

"It's okay" he smiled, nudging me jokingly.

Once back down, I quickly made my way back for the stairs.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked, wanting to avoid any explanation I would have to give to why I was up there.

"I would, but I'm afraid I was only stopping to tell you something..."

I furrowed my brows with a little confused side smile.
"Tell me what?"

"It's the boss" Frost sighed in disappointment "he's at one of his clubs"

"Okay?...well I know he has clubs Johnny" I chuckled.

"No..." he closed his eyes "he's at one of his club- clubs"

"Club-clubs?" I chuckled again, but more weakly this time.
I realised what he meant after a moment of thought.

"Wait...you mean-"

"Yes" he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

I leaned against the doorframe, then looked down to hide my frown and forming tears.
"Why would he even have one of those things? Why would he even be there!?"

"I don't know Ivy, it's just one of his weird, twisted  habits" Frost said, then I heard him walk toward me.

"So...so he could be getting a lap dance off some hooker right now?" I laughed in disbelief and anger, quickly wiping a tear away.

"Hey, hey, hey" Frost whispered "don't cry"

He placed his hands on my shoulders gently, then I looked up to meet his gaze.

"He is, isn't he?" I sniffled.

"I don't know" he answered truthfully "it depends on how he feels- sometimes he kills the girls"

"What!?" I gasped, pulling away from him.

"Come on Ivy, don't act like you're surprised with his actions by now"
He grabbed my arm softly, then pulled me into his chest- where I burst out crying.

"Shh" Frost consoled, stroking my head "I thought you deserved to know- I know what he's like"

I looked up at him, then chuckled through the tears faintly.
"You know, sometimes I wished I was with someone normal"

"I can imagine" he smiled warmly, tangling his fingers in my hair loosely.

"I just don't know what happened...everything happens so quickly- my life is a blur" I mumbled, looking away again.

I felt his hand move from behind my back, to my chin.
My head was lifted up slowly, and I instantly drowned in his brown eyes.

"He's lucky to have you Ivy, too lucky" Frost whispered, examining my facial features.

"I know" I joked softly, causing him to chuckle.

After our little laugh, we both stared at each other again- until I felt both our heads lean toward each other.

I felt tingles overtake my senses as he tightened his grip around me, but it all felt wrong.

Just before our lips connected, I moved my head away slowly, pulling away.

"I can't" I exhaled, stepping back in embarrassment.

Frost just smiled awkwardly, but he understood.
"I know...I'm sorry"

"Don't be, please" I blurted, trying to change his thinking. I felt bad about the whole thing.

"I better leave before the boss returns" he mumbled, giving a half smile.

He turned and started walking toward the panel-but I grabbed his arm quickly, spinning him around to face me again.

I leant upward and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, then slowly pulled away after a few seconds.
"I guess I'll see you whenever"

He processed my gentle kiss, then gave a little chuckle.
"Yeah, I guess"

I watched him rise back up to the open world above on the panel, and I waved as he did.

I sighed as he was now out of sight, and as I heard him drive away.

I felt guilty about almost kissing Frost, but then I remembered what he told me.
If Joker could go to one of his strip clubs and enjoy the sight of naked women, then I could enjoy a little, harmless kiss.