Chapter 43

PLEASE NOTE: The time frame for this chapter is 3 months after the last chap.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 MONTHS LATER

Today was the day. Stasia's baby shower was finally here. And after today, I was finally going to tell them both that I was expecting as well. I woke up around 11, and cooked me and August a light breakfast and then started to put all of the gifts we got for her daughter at the front door. When I was done, I headed back to the bedroom, and layed down next to August as he played grand theft auto of course -.- I kissed him on the cheek and watched him play for awhile.

"So what time we gotta be there again?" I shook my head and chuckled. He never remebered anything. "We need to be there by 1 and it starts by 1:30." August nodded slowly. "Ight...and how long is this again." I sighed. "Maybe like 2 or 3 hours." August sighed. "Damn, why it gotta be that long??" I slapped his chest slightly. "August! it's my best friend's baby shower, don't act like that." He shrugged and went back to playing his game. I didn't know what was wrong with him, he didn't like being around Stasia and I didn't know why. For some reason they both acted strange when they were put in the same setting. I just hope today was diffrent.

I got up from the bed and walked into the closet. After standing there for what seemed like forever, I finally decided on what to wear.

 I layed my outfit out on the bed and august chuckled. "That's what your wearing?" I nodded. He smiled. "Of course." "Whatever, but I need you to get up now so you can pack the car up with the presents. August frowned. "Ight, 2 minutes." I shook my head. "No, now." "Ight 1.5 minutes." I shook my head and turned off the game. "Aye what the fuck!" He exclaimed. "Chop, chop." I said walking into the bathroom and turning on the shower. I heard him suck his teeth and get up. I guess he went to go pack the car first.

I got into the shower and thought about how today was going to go. I was nervous but excited as well, I was ready to finally tell August I was carrying his child. I washed down my body, thinking about what he reaction was going to be. Knowing August, it was definetely going to be priceless. I hopped out of the shower and wrapped my body in a towel. I walked into the bedroom and changed. I noticed that August had his clothes layed out next to mine. I scanned them real quick and chuckled. "Typical August." I brushed my teeth, did my hair and makeup while August showered.

I went outside to the car to double check if he'd gotten everything. I walked outside too see Brutus loading presents in the back. "Why are you loading the car?" I asked confusingly. "Mr.Alsina asked me to put these last few presents in the back while he got ready." Brutus said placing another present in the trunk. I shook my head and sighed. "Of course, let me help you." I tried to pick up a present and Brutus snatched it from me. "Uh-Uh no, I don't want you to get all dirty Ms.Simone...and besides your with child." He said smiling. My eyes shot all the way open. "How do you know that?!" Brutus chuckled. "Calm down Ms.Simone, look a few weeks back I found a pregnancy test box in the trash and besides, your eating habits have changed and your constantly running to the bathroom."

I looked down at the ground and back up at Brutus. "Right....wait, if you knew all along..why haven't you said anything to August." Brutus smirked. "Well, he never brought it up to me so I just took a wild guess that he didn't know yet." I smiled and nodded. "That's your call anyways, that's not my place to say something like that." I nodded again. "Well thank you." Brutus fanned. "Don't worry about it, but congratulations..your doing a great job of hiding it." I smiled widely. "Thank you Im trying, but tonight there will be a celebration...hopefully." Brutus frowned.

"Is there something your worried about?" I sighed. "The most scary part is not knowing how August is going to react, I know his career just started and I don't want to ruin it for him." Brutus nodded. "I see, but honestly, I don't think he's going to be anything but happy. And as for his career, it's not like he's giving it up, he's just going to have a different set of priorities to attend to." I nodded slowly. "Im sure it's going to be overwhelming at first, but he'll get the hang of it." Brutus said smirking. I nodded again and smiled.