Chapter 27

Its been a few days since August tried to admit whatever it was to me. And to be honest, I couldn't get it out of my mind. Half of me wanted to know what he was going to say, but the other half of me doesn't. Everytime I try to talk to him about it, he shuts me down completely, I figured I should just give it a few more days before I ask again.

I was suppose to meet Tyrese at the mall today. I was sitting in the food court, waiting for him to show but for some reason he was late. I pulled out my phone, about to dial his number, when I felt someone kiss me on the cheek. "Good Afternoon beautiful." I crossed my arms unimpressed. "Why are you late?" I asked sternly. Tyrese smiled. "I had to handle business babe, Im sorry." I nodded my head. "Do you forgive me?" He asked with a pouty face. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Whatever, just don't have me waiting like that again." Tyrese nodded. "I promise." He gave me a big smile and grabbed me by the hand. "You ready?" "Yeah." I replied. "Alright, let's go, any store you wanna go to babe." I smiled a little.

Tyrese wanted to help me pick out a dress to meet his mother in when we go to lunch tommorow. Even though I wasn't particularly ready to meet his mom, I might as well suck it up and got through with it, because it's obviously important to him and I don't wanna disappoint him.

"Where we going?" Tyrese asked curiously. I smiled slightly. "You'll see." We walked hand in hand for a few more minutes until we reached our destination. "Here we are." I said gazing up at the store entrance. "Chanel?? Really?" Tyrese asked in a annoyed voice. "Uh Yeah, this is my favorite store." Tyrese smiled. "Note taken." We walked inside Chanel, and immdiately walked over to the dresses. "Are you looking for something specific?" One of the sales ladies asked me. I shook my head. "No, Im just browsing, thanks." After 10 minutes of picking out dresses, I noticed Tyrese sitting down and smiling at me.

"What?" I asked curiously. Tyrese chuckled. "Nothing, it's just..your all in, like your in your own world." "Oh.." I said slowly. Tyrese chuckled again. "Its cute. I can tell you really enjoy this." I smiled slightly. "Thanks.." I went into the dressing room and tried on all the dresses I picked out, and ended up choosing the one that looked the best on me. I walked up to the registar to pay. "Will this be all?" The cashier said. I nodded my head. She scanned the dress and told me the price. "Your total comes to $1,495 and 24 cents." I nodded my head and reached in my purse for my credit card, but before I could, Tyrese interrupted. "Here you go ma'am." He said handing her his black card. "I coud have paid for that myself you know." Tyrese nodded. "I know, but your my girl and I wanna pay." I smiled.

"..Okay, but I can take care of myself, so this is the first and last time." Tyrese chuckled. "Alright fine." He grabbed me by the hand and we exited the mall.

We pulled up to August's gate, I gave Tyrese a goodbye kiss. "I'll see you tommorw." I said sweetly. Tyrese winked at me and smiled. "See you then." I hoped out the car and started to walk down the cobblestone path, I started to hear footsteps in the distance. My heart started beating fast as hell because I knew it was August. I smiled when I saw his face appear. "Hey August." I said with a big smile, I don't know why, but it made me so happy to see him. "Wassup." He said dryly. I frowned a little to myself. "You ok?" I said grabbing his hand. August stared at our hands together and nodded. "Yeah Im good." I smiled. "Good." There was silence for a second.

"Chanel? I see your boy took you shopping." He said motioning to my shopping bag. I sighed. "Not exactly, but yeah." I couldn't tell him the only reason I got something new today was because I was meeting the man's mother, so I just kept it simple. "So y'all back on now ma?" He asked me while crossing his arms across his chest. "How did you know we were off??" I asked defensively. August smirked. "Craig." I nodded. "Oh, okay." "Yeah, but Im guessing y'all good now right, I mean he was all up in the guest house and shit?" "...Something like that." August nodded. "Good to know."