Chapter 15

THE NEXT DAY

I stopped by Denny's to get breakfast for me and August, since he agreed to clarify to Stasi that they weren't going on on a date, I thought that this would be the best way to thank him. I walked over to his door and knocked twice. I held up both bags when he answered.

"You brought me breakfast?" August said with a smile. "Don't flatter yourself boy." I said handing him the jug of Orange Juice. "I just wanted to apologize for gettin all in yo business yesterday that's all." August smiled. "Come in." I walked inside Augusts house, holding 2 bags of denny's to go food. "Oh and Uh, I have company, so no freaky shit." August whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and folllowed him to the kitchen. I sat both bags down on the island and sat up on oone of the counters. "So where's this so called "Company" you were talking about?" I said while pouring a glass of Oj. "They should be down any mintue." He said opening up one of the Denny bags. "So about tonight." I started. August groaned. "Really, I thought you were gunna stay OUT of my business Simone." I laughed. "I am I promise, I just wanted to tell you something." "What ma?" August said biting a piece of bacon. "When y'all go out on this non-date tonight, no funny business." August smiled. "I would never." August said while placing his hand on his chest. "Yeah right, I know you, I don't need you charming her ok? Keep everything on a friendly level." August nodded. "I planned on it." "Okay good, Im trusting you not to hook up with my BEST friend August." "Nah, don't worry about that, I can't anyways." I furrowed my brows. "Why you say that?" I picked up a container from one of the bags and opened it. "That's yo homegirl, and plus...Im uh....Kinda fuckin with Jazz now." "

"What?!" I said damn near choking on my scrambled eggs. "Shhh!" August motioned. "She's upstairs sleeping." I shook my head. "So she came back last night." I asked in a serious tone. "Yeah..I called her back after I left you and we chilled again." I nodded. "Oh.." "Yeah, and we just started talking about relationships and shit, and we bothed agreed that we want one." "Good for you." I picked up my container and went back to eating. There was silence between us for a few mintues until I heard footsteps approaching. "I guess she's awake now." I whispered to August. "Maybe, or it could be Craig." "Craig?" I said outloud. Could he have been talking about his best friend Craig from High school, I mean that's the only Craig I knew. I slid down from off the counter and walked over to the table to get a better view of who was coming to the kitchen.

A tall brownskin guy entered the kitchen. "Morning mayne." August said dapping him up. "Mornin." He said back. "Damnnnn you got Denny's my nigga??? You really know how to treat ya guests." He said picking up a piece of bacon. August laughed. "Nah, I didn't get it, Simone brought it over." He said motioning to me. "Simone??" Craig said in a confused tone. "The ony Simone I know was the girl you had a crush on in high-" "Craig! Damn man!" August said cutting him off. "I know you see the girl sittin right here, goddamn." I laughed a little to myself. Apparently he was embarrased by what Craig just said because he walked to the other side of the kitchen, not making eye contact with me. Craig turned around to the kitchen table. "Oh shit my bad Aug." He said looking back at him. I laughed. "Hi Craig." I gave him a small wave. "Damn, it really is you." Craig said shocked. "Yeah, its me, how you doin?" Craig smiled. "Im good, im good, most importantly how are you doin?" He pulled up a sit and sat next to me. I saw August roll his eyes a little in the background. "Im good, thanks for asking." Craig nodded. "This is wassup mayne." Craig looked at August, then at me. "Wait, hol up." Craig said standing up. "Y'all arent...." He said motioning to the both us.

August slapped Craig in the back of his head. "Nigga is you dumb? You know im fuckin with Jazz." I cleared my throat and took a sip of my juice. Craig put his hands up. "My bad damn, I just had to ask." There was another silent moment. "So y'all never...done anything right?" "Craig!" August said outloud. "What??!" Craig said with a smile. I shook my head and started eating again. "So is somebody gunna asnwer the question?" Me and August looked at each other at the same time. "No." August said. "No, your not going to answer the question, or no y'all havent?" I laughed. Just then I heard some more footsteps approach the kitchen. I frowned because I knew it was Jazz.