Chapter 23

4 DAYS LATER

I sat in the living room, waiting to hear the gate doors open. Im not even going to lie, I felt hella nervous. I had five days to think of how was going to tell August I was a stripper, but I couldn't think of anyway to do so. I tapped my finger on the coffee table, trying to calm myself down. I pulled out my iPhone to check the time. "8:35pm, they should be here any mntue." I said to myself. All of a sudden, I heard the gate doors open. "Showtime." I said to myself. I walked outside down to the pathway and saw Craig, I guess he wanted to give August a proper goodbye before going back to his place.

I was getting more and more nervous with every step I took. Finally, I reached the driveway and I saw August and Jazz getting out the car, with Brutus taking there bags. "Aye wassup man." Craig said dapping August up. "Wassup Jazz." Craig said slightly smiling. Jazz nodded and smiled. "Simone!" Jazz said all cheery-eyed. "Hey, Jazz.." I said plainly. "Im glad your out here, I got you something." She said smiling. I furrowed my brows at her. "What??" I asked confused. "Don't look suprised, come on." She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside August's house.

"Okay, I think your gunna like this." She said ruffiling through a shopping bag. I was so confused as to why Jazz would buy me something on her trip like were friends or something. She pulled her hand out of the bag and handed me a shirt. "Here." She said smiling. I looked at the shirt and then back at her. "No thank you." Jazz frowned. "Why would you buy me something anyway??" I said crossing my arms. Jazz smirked. "Because silly, I had to thank you for the favor you did me while I was gone." She said winking. I sighed. How do you even know I did it?" Jazz laughed. "Your aren't that crazy." Jazz said smiling.

I stared Jazz in the face with the same straight expression. All of a sudden, Jazz's eyes grew wide. "Wait a minute, so your telling me you didn't go through with it?"I shook my head. "No, I didn't." Jazz scoffed. "I guess you are that crazy." She said looking at me up and down. "Hmm, well are you going to do it?" I looked at Jazz like she was crazy. "NO, NO Im not." I said sternly. "You definetely need to stop smokin all that crack cause your crazy as hell." Jazz had a evil smirk on her face, and then she chuckled. "You know what that means right??" I nodded. "Somebody grew some balls when I was gone." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever bitch, game over okay?? Your trying to use my job agaisnt me and Im over it ight all gloves are off, play with me if you want to, and see if ion beat yo ass, matter of fact, I don't give a fuck what you tell August , Ima just tell him myself." Jazz looked taken back by what I said.

"Don't play with me, you'll lose." She whispered in my ear. I didn't know what she meant by that, but whatever, all I knew is that sometime today, I'll be telling August the truth. The front door opened, and August and Craig walked inside, finishing my convo with Jazz. "Simone." August said smiling wide. I saw Jazz roll her eyes in my peripheral vision. "Hey, how was your trip?" I said slightly smiling back. August nodded. "It was good." "Good." I replied. There was a awkward silence for a few mintues until Craig spoke.

"Aug, we needa talk about your album man, shits changed since you left." August sighed. "Ight, come on." August and Craig started to walk away. "August." I said outloud. August turned around swiftly. "Wassup." "When your not busy later...I needa talk to you." August nodded. "Ight." He turned back around and walked away with Craig. Jazz gave me a quick evil glare. "Your so nieve child." Jazz picked up her bags and walked away. I let out a long sigh and headed back to the guest house.

1 HOUR LATER

Today was the last day of my double shifts at LACE. I decided to go in early tonight so I could hurry up and talk to August about everything. Once I was there, I changed into my lingerie and put on my face. There was a knock at my door and I sighed. I kinda didn't want to be bothered, all I wanted to do was go get my cash and then go home. But whatever. "Come in!!" I yelled from my makeup chair. Ashanti walked in with a big smile on her face. "Giiiiiiiiirl guess what?" She said still smiling. I stopped lining my eyes and looked at her. "What?" I asked curiously. "It's a full house tonight." She said while doing a little dance.