Chapter 18

The next morning I was woken up by a knock on my door..again. I drug my sleepy body down the stairs to the door. I stood on my tip toes to look out the peep hole, and of course, it was August. I was actually kind of happy to see me him. I unlocked the door and flung it open.

"Wassup ma, goodmorning." August said with a smirk. "Morning." I said smiling back. "What brings you over here at 10 am?" I asked sweetly. "I came by real quick to let you know what's going on." I furrowed my brows at him. "Whats going on? Did something happen?" August chuckled. "Nah, it's nothing bad. I just wanted to let you know that I won''t be here for a couple days." I nodded slowly. "How long is a couple??" I asked curiously. "A week." August replied. "Damn, where you going?" August smiled. "Aww look who cares about me." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, just answer the question." I said with a smirk.

"Well, if you must know, Jazz is shooting a music video in the bahamas, and she wants me to come for support and uh, be in it to." I nodded my head. The thought of August being alone with Jazz for a week scared the hell out of me. Not only would it just be them two together, they both would be on a nice as island being all romantic and shit and doing..sexual things. Just the thought of that made me sick. "You good?" August asked me bringing me out of all of my thoughts. "Yeah, yeah Im good." August smiled. "Ight, well Im leaving tommorow night so If you need anything Brutus is here and so is Craig." I nodded my head again. "Are you sure your okay??" August said staring me in my eyes. I let out a weak smile. "Yeah, Im good, I promise." "Okay." August said. "I'll see you when I get back then." "K." I said softly. August pulled me by both of my arms and kissed my forehead. "Call me if you need me mayne." I nodded.

I watched August walk down the pathway, back towards his house. I closed my door and walked back upstairs, fighting back the tears that was forming in my eyes. "Your not going to cry Simone." I said to myself. I didn't know why Im so upset, after all Jazz and August were together, so of course they would start doing things like this eventually, but I guess I knew it was just a matter of time before August would completely move on from me and be completely into Jazz. But this time around, I couldn't even say anything if I wanted to.

I climbed back into bed and turned on the TV and E! news was on. I picked up my phone and I had a missed call from Stasia. I re-dialed her, and put the phone back up to my ear.

STASIA: "Hello?"

ME: "Hey, you called?"

STASIA: "Yeah I did, I need you to come over ASAP!"

ME: "Omg, is everything okay with your dad??"
STASIA: "Yeah, it's not about him, this is a August emergency."

I shook my head.

ME: "Okay, I'll be there soon."

I slid the red bar over and tossed my phone on the pillow beside me. "What the hell could this be about?" I thought to myself. I glanced up to the TV and saw a picture of August. I reached over for my remote and turned the volume all the way up. "New Singer, August Alsina was seen leaving a Beyonce concert two days ago holding hands with a mysterious female." I sighed. "Today, we have indentified this female, She's the newest member signed to Columbia Records, the Beautiful Jazmine Reyas, also known by her stage name Jazz." I rolled my eyes at the TV and got up from the bed. "This is breaking news?" I said to myself. I walked over to my drawer and picked out a pair of jeans and a tshirt.

I turned back to the TV to finish listening. "Rumor has it, the pair are planning a romantic trip to the Bahamas tommorow, where Jazz is supposingly shooting her video. Seems like these two are a match made in heaven." I grabbed my remote and turned the TV off."bullshit." I said while grabbing my phone and purse.

I skipped down the stairs and went out the door. Once I got into the car, I placed down my purse and turned on the radio. While I was backing out, I noticed that all of the Papparazzi were gone. "Thank god." I said to myself. Even though they should be back tonight since he's leaving tommorow night. I didn't understand why it was so important to get a picture of Jazz and him together, like eww. I shook my head and turned up the radio, clearing my head of everything. I drove down the highway blasting "All me" by Drake.