Chapter 34

I woke up the next morning sore as hell and August was to blame. We've been in the honeymoon stage for the past week, and apparently he was really enjoying it. I rolled out of bed and headed straight to the shower. The hot water on my sore muscels was EVERYTHING. I closed my eyes, letting the water run down my body, when I heard a slight knock on the glass door. I opened my eyes and pushed open the door a little.

"Morning." August said with a smile. "Morning." I replied. "Takin a shower I see." I nodded. "May I join you?" He said undoing his pants. I laughed. "Actually, no you can't." August frowned. "Damn, forreal?" I nodded again. "Yeah forreal, im sore..." I said pouting. August chuckled. "Ight, fine i'll give you a break." I smiled. "But look, when you done meet me in the studio, you got stuff to do today." I nodded and closed the shower door.

After showering, I got dressed and walked down the hall to the studio. I pushed the door open and saw August sitting down, writing and harmonizing. I took a seat on the couch and waited for him to speak. "Soo your going down to the venue today." I furrowed my brows at him."The venue?? for my store?" August nodded. "Yeah, see if you like it and my friend Valentina is gunna meet you there." "Ahhh a female." I said crossing my arms acros my chest. August chuckled. "Yeah, she's a female. And before you ask, I know her because she's my image consultant." I nodded. "Okay, so what am I meeting her for??"

August smirked. "She's also a retail consultant, she gon help you figure out how to get yo place together." I nodded slowly. "I see." "Yeah well you need get going, i texted you the address already and I told 'tina you was gon meet her there at 12." I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 11:40." "Well damn, I guess I should be leaving then." I walked over toAugust and kissed his cheek. "I'll be back later to get ready for work." August sighed and nodded. "Ight." I walked out the studio and made my way to my car.

I took my phone out again to check the address. I typed the address into my GPS system and made my way down the road. I was curious to see what August got for me, but even more curious to meet Valentina.

I parked infront of the empty space and got out of the car. "My god..." I said under my breath. The venue was breath taking. It still needed ALOT of work, but I could see the potential in the place. I walked inside and saw a lady in a black business dress on the phone. "No, no, no,no! that's NOT what I asked for." I was taken back at how loud she was yelling at whoever was on the phone. "Get it together Rodney, i'll call you back in 20 minutes." She hung up the phone and smiled at me. "Can I help you?" She said sweetly. "I was looking for a Valentina.." I said. "That's me." She said smiling. "You must be Simone right?" She said extending her hand. I shook her hand and smiled. "Yes, nice to meet you." "Likewise." She said.

There was silence between us for a minute. "So August tells me your trying to open a clothing store." I nodded. "Yeah, that's the plan." Valentina smiled. "Great....so your his girlfriend right?" She asked making emphasis on the word "girlfriend." I smirked. "Yeah, I am..why?" Valentina shook her head. "Oh nothing, Im just glad August found someone that makes him uh...happy." She turned around and walked over to a desk filled with papers. The fact that she asked if I was Augusts' girlfriend was odd, considering how August told me that they were just "friends". But right now I had to handle business, but trust, I do have a few questions for August later.

"I made these for you." She said motioning to the scrambled papers. I walked over to the desk and looked through all the papers. "These are great, are these suppose to be the designs for the shop??" Valentina nodded. "You can keep all of these and decide which one you like best, and if you can't decide on any of these, then I can come up with some more." She said smiling widely. Something about her over-niceness turned me off. "Thanks...I'll take a look at these later today." I picked up all the papers and started to walk away when Valentina spoke again.