Chapter 24

I woke up the next morning with red puffy eyes and sore muscles. I was sore from all that damn work I put in last night plus I've been crying most of the night, hardly getting any sleep. I picked up my phone to check if I had any texts or calls that I missed.I did. I had 3 missed calls from my boss Oscar and, 1 from a unknown number and a text from Stasia.

I decided to check my message from her first. I sighed and went to my inbox.

STASIA(11:35pm)-Hey are you ok? Whats going on? Why was August so pissed?? btw Oscar isnt happy. Call me.

I deleted the message, making a mental note in my head to call her back. I sat there thinking if I should even call Oscar back right now, because I wasn't in the mood to hear his mouth. I decided on calling him later, when I could sorta handle it. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and turned on some cartoons. I sat there eating my cheerios, thinking about everything that happened yesterday. I wasn't even focused on the TV. I was startled out of my thoughts when I heard someone knock on my door lightly. I placed down my bowl of cereal and walked over to the door. I wasn't expecting any company, after what happened. I looked out of the peep hole and saw Brutus. "Brutus?" I said to myself. I opened the door and motioned for him to come inside.

"Goodmorning Ms.Simone." Brutus said with a slight smile. "Morning." I said vaguely. "Are you here to let me know I gotta leave?" I said crossing my arms. Brutus shook his head. "No, actually im here to tell you the opposite." I furrowed my brows at him. "What??" I said confused. "August wanted me to let you know, that you can still say as long as you need. I scoffed. "He's not even talking to me, but he wants me to stay." Brutus nodded. "Yeah." "Well since your the messanger, you can tell August I should be out of here in two weeks." Brutus looked so confused. "And where are going?" I shrugged. "I don't know yet, but what I do know is im leaving." Brutus smirked. "Your a very strong person Ms.Simone." I let out a slight smile. "Thanks." Brutus nodded.

"But your also very stubborn. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You know you have feelings for August, and your just about to walk away from everything." I sighed. "Why are you putting this all on me? August isn't speaking to me, it's not the other way around." Brutus nodded. "Your exactly right, but apparently he's hurt and upset, so he's gunna ignore you." I gave Brutus a stale look. "You need to give him time, he'll realize that he was a ass sooner or later." Brutus said in a laugh. I smiled a little. "I don't have that kind of time." I said sternly. Brutus shook his head. "Just give it some thought. I nodded my head and watched Brutus walk over to the door. He turned around and smiled at me, then left. I hated when me and Brutus talked, he always made me think.

I walked back over to the couch and picked up my phone. I had another missed call from the same number I didn't know from earlier. I hit redial and placed the phone up to my ear.

??: "Simone?"

ME: "Yeah, uh who is this..?" I asked curiously.

??: "Devontae."

ME: "Who??"

DEVONTAE: "The nigga with the dreads from the trap."

ME: "Ohh." I said remembering I never asked him for his name.

DEVONTAE: "I called to tell you some info for Jazz ma."

ME: "Wait, how did you get my number? and what about her? I dont mess with her anymore."

DEVONTAE: "I asked around, and damn, I just needed to let her know Quan got out today."

My eyes shot open. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

ME: "What?! What do you mean he's out."

DEVONTAE: "All I know is that he got out this morning, somebody musta paid bail or something, but he's looking for Jazz."