Chapter 17

I paced my room back in forth contemplating if I should go through with this thing for Jazz. What choice did I really have? If I didn't, she would tell August about me, and if he ever did find out, it would be because I told him. "1:30." I said to myself. I stared at the clock and made up my mind. "I hate this shit." I exclaimed. I grabbed my purse and my car keys and headed downstairs through the door.

On the drive there, I hoped that I didn't get recognized by any of Quan's old friends, if they was still dealing. Nine times outta ten they were. I remember how every time Quan would bring me around that place, every one of his "guy friends" would make a pass at me, but of course Quan shut that down immeditely. He would let everybody know that I was his, and if one of them touched me, it would be the end for them. I never knew what that meant exactly, but I kinda have a better idea now.

I pulled up the back alley, the alley I remembered all to well. I parked my car and got out. I knew I had to make this fast because This nice ass car being in this area was not a good mix. I stared down the alley before I walked down it. I never was scared to go down it before because Quan was with me, but this time I was alone. I made sure not to wear anything expensive or flashy. I took a deep breath and proceeded down the slighty lighted alley.

I walked down the alley slowly, passing all the crackheads who begged for change and all the homeless who slept on the floor. "What the hell was Jazz doing down here?" I thought to myself. Once I got to the end of the alley, I made a right turn at the corner. I saw a whole bunch of cars parked infront of the old building I knew all to well. I walked up to the door, where a whole bunch of niggas was sitting, smoking a blunt. "Aye lil baby." One of the men said to me when I approached the door. I ignored him and proceeded to knock. "Oh, so you aint gon answer a nigga??" He said. The rest of the dudes laughed. "It's open." Another guy said. I shot him a small smile and entered the door.

Once I was inside, I didn't even know where to go, Thank god Quan was in jail because I most definetly wouldn't have brought my ass here. I stood at the doorway thinking about where to go next, but my thoughts were quickly interrupted by a man's voice. "You need something?" I turned to my right and saw a man with dreads and a whole bunch of tattos, holding a styrofoam cup. I cleared my throat. "I-Uh, Im looking for Quan." I said. I didn't want him to know that I knew Quan and I knew he was in jail. "Quan? He ain't here, the feds got my nigga...You must be one of his girls right?" He said looking me up and down. I furrowed my brows at him. "One of?? Never that and no, im not his girl." He smiled at me. "I like yo attitude." He said licking his lips. "Can you help me or not?" I said growing impatient. He nodded his head.

"Watchu tryna buy?" I shook my head. "Its not for me, its for somebody else." The man laughed. "That's what they all say." "Well Im not them, trust me." I said rudely. "Ok,ok, So watchu need?" "Im picking up for a girl named Jazz." The man smiled. "Oh your one of Jazz's friends?" "Not exactly." The man chuckled. "Still got bitches doing her dirty work." He said while shaking his head. "Excuse me??" I said rudely. "Nah, my bad, you aint a bitch ma, Im just saying, its classic Jazz." "Ooh Okay." I said with a attitude. "Wait right here, ima go get her shit." I nodded.

I watch the guy with the dreads disappear to a back room. I stood there waiting for him to come back for like 3 minutes. I never bought drugs before so I dont know how long it takes to wrap crack up....if that's what you do to it. I walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. I pulled out my phone and I had a missed call from Tyrese. I made a mental note in my head to call him back. I put my phone back in my pocket and continued to wait. All of a sudden I heard a door creak open. My head immediately turned to the door and out walked a apparently high man, stumbiling his way out of the door. We made eye contact for a split second and I felt like I knew him from somewhere, but I guess he was to high on crack to remember me if he could.

The man with the dreads finally came back with a brown paper bag in his hand. "Here." He handed me the bag. I noticed the bag had a big "J" written on it in sharpie. "Thanks." I said while standing up."...um, here.." I said handing him $300 dollars. The man smiled. "Thanks baby, come back anytime..oh and tell Jazz to bring her ass back down here, I thought she would want to here about her nigga Quan." I was making my way over to the door when I froze in my tracks. "Her nigga?" I said confused. "Yeah. They had a lil something goin on before he got locked up." "Oh.." I nodded my head. "I'll tell her." I walked straight out of the building and down the alley, back to my car. I made sure to put the bag in my purse, cause crackheads will kill you over some drugs.

Once I got in the car, I opened up the brown paper bag to see what the hell was she paying $300 dollars for exactly. I looked inside to see what looked like 1 lb of weed and 1 lb of crack, along with some little tools. I folded the bag back down and threw it in the passenger seat with my purse. I drove off, thinking about that man I saw and where Ive seen him before. Apparently I didn't know any crackheads, besides Quan -.- so I didn't know why this guy seemed so familar. I couldn't really tell who it was because there face looked like they've been doing drugs for awhile. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I turned the corner to August's street and I noticed a hell of a lot of papparazzi outside his gate. "What the hell is going on?" I said outloud. I quickly pulled out my shades and put them on. I had tinted windows, but I just wanted to be extra careful. I drove past all the papparazzi and entered the gate. After I parked. I felt a knock at the window. "Oh shit." I said in a whisper. I quickly stuffed the brown paper bag back into my purse. Once everything was concealled, I openend the door and got out. August was standing there waiting. "Simone, wassup?" I smiled slightly. "Hey...what's all this Papparazzi doing here?" August shook his head. "When I went out with Jazz the other night, a few people saw us together, and now every papparazzi is trying to be the first with the exclusive and shit."

I nodded my head. "Oh...I see." "Yeah, but um Craig told me that you wasn't comin with us today, wassup? I thought we was on good terms now?" "We are, Ive just been busy that's all. August nodded. "This aint about Jazz is it?" I saw the concern in his eyes. "No, I mean ion like being around her...knowing that we slept together." August smirked. "That's exactly how I feel about Stasia." I nodded. "Okay, I get it." "Ight, I just wanted to see what was up witchu, we haven't talked alot lately." I nodded again. "I know, shits been crazy lately...but have fun today with...everybody." August smiled. "I will beautiful." He touched me chin and walked back towards his door.

I missed him being sweet to me and calling me beautiful. God why couldn't I have just been real with Stasia and let her know how August and I felt about each other. I shook my head, trying to clear all my thoughts, when I saw Jazz walking down the pathway, im barely in clothes as always. "August told me you were back." She said smiling. "Aww, look." She said pointing back at the gate. "Everybody wants a picture of me and my baby." I rolled my eyes. "I got what you wanted." I said changing the topic. "Come." She said motioning for me to follow her.

We walked to the back of the guest house behind a tree. "Ok so where is it?" Jazz said impatiently. I opened up my purse and took out the brown bag. "Here." I said shoving it into her hand. Jazz smiled. "Good. Thanks for the help. I'll find you for your next task." I rolled my eyes. "Oh and um by the way, somebody gave me a message for you." Jazz turned back around and gave me a weird look. "What kind of message.." She said folding her arms. "Some guy said to come back down there, so you can talk about somebody named Quan." I said slowly. Jazz nodded. "right..there's nothing to hear, he's locked up." I immediately felt my heart stop beating in my chest. Jazz does know Quan. "Well anyways, thanks for telling me, I guess he would wanna hear from me since we had a little thing goin on." Jazz smiled to herself. "Um this was prior to August right?" I said defensively. "Yeah, and if it wasn't, what diffrence does it make?? You can't say anything." "Whatever Jazz." I closed my purse and walked to the front of the guest house.

Once I was inside, I plopped myself down on the couch. I wonder what Jazz needed all them drugs for? I damn sure know she ain't using all of that. Plus I wanted to know what kind of "thing" she had going on with Quan before he left. All I know is, the way to stop thinking about all this is to find out. But how am I going to do that without Jazz finding out?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vote/Comment !!