Chapter 36

PLEASE NOTE : I know that my updates have been back to back, so after this chapter I want to give everybody a chance to catch up on the book so the next update won't be until maybe 2 weeks. K enjoy :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining in my face. I rolled over to my side to see my phone lit up on the dresser. I reached for it and checked my notifications. I had a text from Stasia.

STASIA(9:47am)- Whenever u have time, can u come by 2day? I just want 2 talk.

I re-read the message again, just to make sure what I was reading was real. It's been about 3 weeks since my blow up with Stasia and I was suprised that she texted me first. I replied saying that I would stop by in 20 minutes." I got out of bed, noticing that August wasn't there. I walked to the kitchen to and found him on the couch, watching TV with a big pan of apple pie infront of him.

"Well goodmorning." I said side eye-ing him. "Morning." He said in between bites. "...Are you eating pie for breakfast?" I said in a laugh. "Hell yeah, you want a bite?" He asked, placing the fork to my lips. I moved the fork to the side and shook my head. "No thanks." He shrugged and went back in on the pie. "..Where did you even get this big ass pan of apple pie from?" I said obseving the glass pan. August swalloed. "Brutus said someone sent it to me this morning, it came with a card." He said pointing to the card on the table. I grabbed the card off the table and read it. "To my baby August." I glanced back at him and frowned. "There's no name." August nodded. "I know, but Im pretty sure my momma sent it, she always doing shit like that." I chuckled and shook my head. "Alright, but listen, Im going over to Stasia's."

August furrowed his brows at me. "Stasia?? I thought y'all wasn't talking." I nodded. "I know, she texted me this morning, saying she wanted to talk." "Oh." August said scarfing down more pie. "Ight, i'll be here when you get back." I smiled. "Ok." I took a quick shower and hopped in the car. The whole drive to Stasi's I was thinking about what she wanted to talk about. I hoped that she was going to apoligize, but you never know.

I pulled into a space and parked. I walked up the first few steps to her door and knocked. For some reason I was nervous, maybe because this was the first time we talked in a few weeks and I didn't know what to expect. I heard the locks click and then the door opened slowly. A few seconds later, a half-smiling Stasia face appeared. "Hey Simi.." I smiled slightly. "Hey." "Come in." She said backing away from the door. I nodded and walked inside. I saw two cups of tea sitting on the coffee table, so I walked over to the couch and sat.

A few seconds later, Stasia sat beside me. There was a awkward silence between us for awhile until Stasi spoke. "So listen." She started. "First off, I wanted to apoligize for I reacted a couple weeks ago...I never should have said half of the things I said and Im sorry." I nodded. "Apology accepted." I picked up my tea and sipped it. "And Im sorry for not telling you sooner, that was a shady move and I apologize." Stasia nodded. "I know, that's what you were trying to say the last time, but I flipped....apology accepted." We both smiled at each other. "Your like my sister Simi, I can't imagine you not being apart of my life...I love you." I smiled slightly, trying to fight back the tears that were forming. "Same here, love you too." We hugged each other tightly.

"So we good now?" Stasia asked. I nodded. "Yeah were good." "Good...so what's been going on, I wanna hear about you and August." Stasi said with a sincere smile. "Were good, this is the happiest I've been in a long time Stasi." She smiled. "I know, I can tell just how you've been carrying yourself and your presence is diffrent." I smiled. "Welll, if he makes you happy that's all that matters." I nodded. "He does, but what about you?" Stasia furrowed her brows at me. "What about me??" I sucked my teeth and playfully pushed her arm. "Don't play, what happened to that mystery guy you were not telling me about."