Chapter 39

Its been a whole day since Stasia been on her date with Rich and I've been dying to know how it went. I sat around in the store working, waiting for my phone to ring, but she hasn't called. I eventually broke, and decided to call her myself. I hit number 3 on my phone and held it up to my ear.

STASIA: "Hello?" She said with sleep in her voice

ME: "Sounds like somebody had a long night."

Stasia chuckled.

STASIA: "Something like that."

ME: "Sooooo, how did it go?" I asked impatiently.

STASIA: "Uhh...hold on for a sec."

I furrowed mt brows and waited.

STASIA: "Ok, hello?"

ME: "Yeah..what was that about?"

STASIA: "I was in bed with Rich, I didn't want him to wake up from us talking about him."

My eyes shot all the way open.

ME: "What? Omg he slept over last night?!"

STASIA: "Aha...well we didn't really sleep." She said in a laugh.

ME: "Ewwww, but awwww aha, so are you guys back on?"

STASIA: "Yeah, he forgave me and were moving forward.

I smiled widely to myself.

ME: "That's great, see I told you y'all was gunna get back together."

STASIA: "I know, I know, you were right."

I smiled again.

ME: "Mhmm, well Ima let you get back to your man, call me later."

STASIA: "K."

I slid the bar over and sat my phone on the desk. I went through some clothes from the brands I had chose, when my phone rang.

ME: "Hello?"

AUGUST: "Where you at ma?" He said in a grogy voice.

ME: "...At the store, why, wassup?"

AUGUST: "I ain't feelin to hot."

ME: "Your sick?"

AUGUST: "Yeah, I think so."
ME: "Alright, im on my way home."

AUGUST: "Yeah."

I slid the bar over ending the call. Just when I was about to actually get to real work today. But it's cool, my baby needs me. I locked up the store and got in the car. I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some soup and diffrent medicines. Once I got home, I found August layed out on the bed, wrapped up in the sheets.

"Hey you." I said sitting down next to him. He sighed. "Wassup." I placed my hand on his forehead and frowned. "Your not warm." August nodded. "I know, it ain't my head, it's my stomach." I giggled a little. Aw, aug has a tummy ache." I said in a baby voice. He sucked his teeth and rolled over. "Ok, ok sorry, but have you ate today?" He nodded. "Yeah, I got another pie." I shook my head. "You ate pie for breakfast again??" He nodded. "And how long have you been doing that?" "Maybe like a week." I sighed. "That's probably why your stomach's been hurting, you need a real meal, you can't keep eating sweets for breakfast lunch and dinner."

August chuckled. "Ok mom, im sorry." I gave him the side-eye. "Shuddup. Look, there's some pepto bismol in the medicine cabinet. Take that and ima heat you up some soup real quick." He nodded. "Thanks bae...and when you come back...can we talk about somethin?" I nodded. "Sure." I flashed him a quick smile and went down to the kitchen.

AUGUST P.O.V.

I watched Simone leave the room, then I let out a long sigh. I know that me and Stasia agreed to not telling her, but shit, this secret was eating my ass alive. And the fact that she catered to my every need like a real woman, made it worse. I sighed again and ran my hands down my face. I contemplated if this was the right thing to do, Ion want hurt shawty, but I can't keep this from her either. Just then, Simone walked back in the room with a bowl.

"Here you go..did you take the pepto?" I shook my head. "Nah...I didn't get up yet." Simone chuckled. "Ok, since your sick, I'll let that one slide." She walked into the bathroom and walked back into the bedroom, and grabbed my spoon. She poured the pink liquid on the spoon and placed it up to my lips. "You know ima grown man right?" I said with a smirk. Simone sucked her teeth. "Fine, here, take it yourself." I chuckled and opened my mouth, letting her give it to me. She smiled and shook her head. "Your a character." She said wiping off the spoon and sitting it in my bowl.

I nodded. "I know." There was silence between us, and I wanted to take this oppurtunity to tell her what happened. I looked her in the eyes and spoke. "Simone..?" "Hmm?" She said laying down next to me. "I got something to tell you." She looked me in the face and smirked. "Uh..ok go ahead." I sighed and sat my soup down on the nightstand next to me. "I...I..Im gunna buy a gun." I cursed in my head because I just couldn't tell her, I couldn't break her heart like that.

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Were back on this again?" I asked annoyed. August nodded slowly. "You need to learn how to shoot." He said calmly. I sucked my teeth again. "And what about you?" August chuckled. "I know how ma." I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I know I can't win this arguement, but all you need to worry about is getting better, you have to perform on Good Morning America in a few days." August nodded. I smiled and snuggled up next to him and turned on the TV, Lord I hate guns.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Should he have told her???

Vote/Comment!!