Chapter 3

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by the loud honking of a car horn. "Can you move it lady?!" I heard a man scream behind me. I was so caught up in my memories that I forgot i was still in the car, and that red light was now green. "My bad!" I screamed out the window and continued to drive. It was now 7:00 and i had thirty minutes before i got up on stage. I drove as fast as I could and hoped that I made it before showtime.

I arrived at LACE at 7:15 and I quickly scurried to my dressing room. "Uhhh where have you been girl?!" My best friend Stasia said to me. I first met Stasia when I arrived in foster care. We were both 16 at the time and she had been taken away from her mother as well. Seeing that we had alot in commom besides the tradgedies in our life, we became best friends and shes been like my sister ever since.

"Dont act like you dont know how bad that damn traffic is in these streets Stasia." I said with a smirk on my face. "Okay yeah your right, but damn I was starting to think you wasnt gone show, I was about to go out there and colllect yo cash real quick." She said in a chuckle. I smirked."Of course you would have, but whatever, Im here now and im ready to go." "Alright well I gotta go, im due on stage in like 30 seconds." Stasia said on her way out the door.

Stasia was a stripper as well. When we both hit the age of 18 and got out of the system, we had no money no anything. so she called around and hooked us up with this job at LACE and ever since, we've been doing ight. The only diffrence between me and Stastia was that she actually reconnected with her mother a few months ago and now they lived together. I loved Stasia's mom just as much as I loved her, they were basically all I had, my little family.

As I changed out of my sweats, and into my lingerie and heels, I thought about how my life would have been if I still was with my mother. I probably wouldnt have to strip for a living and I could have became someone important and not this degrading ass person. I thought about my father and how he was the one to get my mother addicted to drugs. It was bad enough he had a addiction and then basically left his family. But he got my mom into that stuff, and thats why I hated him.

I shook my head as if i was trying to erase all of the bad thoughts and memories that surrounded my mind on a daily basis. I sat down in the makeup chair that read "Luscious". I cringed everytime I looked at the name. I applied my eyeliner, mascara then my lipgloss and took my hair down out of the messy bun that it was in . I let my blackish-brown loose curls fall down my back and now I was ready. I walked out to the stage entrance, took a deep breath and made my debut.

It was now 9:30 and I was ready to go home. I danced for a hour and I made bank tonight. I mean being a stripper wasn't that bad, minus the stripping part, especially when we had nights like tonight, A big time rapper came through and made it rain forreal. Me and Stasia made a real good amount. So now here I was backstage, back into my sweats, waiting for Stasia to finish changing so we could roll out. Plus she said she had to talk to me about something "important" anyways.

"So Wassup??" I said to Stasia as we exited the building to the parking lot. "Okay look, I got a proposition for you" Stasia said with a smirk on her face. Oh god this cannot be good, I thought to myself. Stasi always had these crazy ass ideas and I amost always ended up agreeing to do whatever it was with her. "What kind of propostion..." I asked carefully. After examining the look on my face, Stasia gave me a slight frown. "Whats that look for? " she asked.

"Oh come on, you know why, you always bring up some crazy ass shit for us to do, then I end up doing it with your dumbass." Stasia gasped. "Not true!! Im offended." she said as she placed her hand over her heart. I shot her a stale look. "So us scaling the building of the Chandler hotel, just so you can find Trey Songz room wasnt a crazy ass idea??" I asked her. "That was one time sheesh!" she said. "But no really, I promise you that this idea isnt crazy... or dangerous" Stasi said with a smile. "Okay, what is it?" I replied still looking concerned.

"Okay, so tommorow night I need you to go out to the club with me." "Ugh Stasia you know I hate clubs and why tommorow? I replied. "Because someone special is going to be there." Stasia whined. "Which rapper is it this time??" "Its not a rapper." Stasi replied. My eyes shot open. "What?? not a rapper?? thats unlike you, well who is it then?" I asked excidetly. "Its a singer." Stasi said. "And its a male?" I asked through a laugh. "Yeah, his name is August, August Alsina and he's performing tommorow night at Karu.

My smile immediately turned into a straight face. "Your interested in August??" I asked in a suprised tone. "Oh, so you do kno who he is?" Stasia shot back. "Something like that, I went to school with him before.. well you know." "Great!!!" stasia replied loudly. "So that means your definelty going with me and your definetly going to introduce us." "Introduce? wait hol up I havent seen the kid since I was 16, who says he's going to remember me?" " I asked. Stasia grabbed both of my shoulders and stared me in the eyes, not breaking contact with them. "Simi listen, there are ways ok? you have to MAKE him remeber you." I shook my head. "Whatever Im going home, Ill see you tommrow night." I said as I closed my car door. On the ride back to my apartment I thought about what Stasia had said, and I still had no clue as to what she meant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stasia in the Multimedia

Vote/Comment!!