Chapter 8

"Okay fine..but this is only a temporary thing. Ill be out before you even know it." I said to him. "It's not a problem, stay as long as you need, I ain't trippin." I let out a slight smile and looked back over to Kathy. "Okay, so I'll be out by tommorow evening." "Actually you need to be out my 12, noon." "Well goddamn, alright fine, i'll be out in 10 mintues, thanks."

August and I took the elevator up to my suite. "So where we startin?" August asked from behind me. "Uh...you can just start with clothes, shoes and bags right now and I'll get my personal items." I didn't bring much with me, all my shit is back at my apartment." I sighed and shook my head. "We can go by tommorrow and get your things." August said. "Nah, it's cool, I know your busy and shit." "I gotta free day tommorow actually." He said with a smile. "Plus, you can't move all your stuff by yourself, you gon need some help."

He was right. Usually I would just call Stasia and Ev if I needed help with anything involving manual labor, but apparently I couldn't. I already had to explain how I was living in his guest house. "Thanks, I appreciate the offer August." He grabbed my hand and looked me in eyes. "It ain't a problem, were friends, it's cool."

After packing up the things I had at the hotel with me, Brutus drove back to Augusts' house. When we arrived, I was in awe. "This is your house??" I said in shock. August laughed. "Yeah ma, this is it, but follow me to your place. I picked up my one suitcase and August took it from me. I follwed him down a cobblestone path way to this mini mansion. "This is your guest house??" I said to him. "YES, this is the guest house." He took the key from under the welcome mat and unlocked the door. I followed behing him like a lost puppy.

"Wow.. this is really nice August damn." He chuckled a little. "Thanks, everything is brand new, nothing has been used." I nodded my head while looking around to to let him know I heard him. "Let me show you where everything is. We went up the white staircase to the second part of the house. I followed August into a bedroom. "Okay, this is the master bedroom and bathroom. There's another bathroom down the hall, along with a extra bedroom, for guests." "Oh and you already seen the kitchen and living room that was downstairs." "What, no excercise room?" I said jokingly. That seemed to have made August laugh. "Uh, nah. you would have to use the one in my house, if that's cool with you." "I was kidding, actually, but thanks." I smiled and took my suitcase from him. I layed it on the ground and unzipped it.

"Oh and one more thing." I turned around to face him to see what he was going to say. "Yeah?" I said. He reached into his pocket and pulled out two keys. "Here, these are for you to keep." I looked down at his hand with a confused face. "Uh, okay I know that one of these keys goes to the guest house..but what is the other for? A storage closet or something?" I asked. "Nah, its my extra house key. I want you to have it." My eyes shot open. "Your house key? I don't need that, I can knock." I said while crossing my around across my chest. "What if it's an emergency, or you wanna use the excercise room and Im not home?" I looked around the house one more time and looked back at him. "Ight, whatever." I took the key from him, and put it in a drawer by the nightstand.

"Alright, good. well ima go now, but be ready by 8 am, so we can go back to crib and get your stuff." "Okay." I said. August walked back down stairs and out the door. I heard the locks click, so I knew he had locked the door for me. I kicked off my heels and layed down on the bed. I was suppose to be unpacking the few clothes I had with me, but it was already 2am, and since I had to be ready to go by 8, I needed to rest.

I woke up the next morning dreading the day ahead. I looked over at mt phone to see that it was 7:45, I also noticed that I had a missed call from Stasia. I exited my call log and put my phone down. I couldn't talk to her right now, not until I got my story together. I got up and took a quick shower and threw on anything. I went downstairs to grab something quick to eat, when there was a knock at the door. I went over to answer and of course it was August. "You ready?" "Yeah, im ready." I grabbed my crossbody bag, key and phone and left to the car with August.