Chapter 21

It's been 2 days since my "break-up" with Tyrese and Im a wreck. The only time I've left the house is to go to work, but when Im not there, I lounge around the house watching sappy girl movies and eating icecream. Stasia came over to see me yesterday to cheer me up, but that didn't work. She keeps telling me there's more fish in the sea, which is true, but Im not in the mood to hear that. I guess I really did like Tyrese after all, even though I fucked up a few times in our relationship. And now that he's broken-up with me I have NO ONE. And that's what I've been afraid of this whole time.

I rolled off the couch and drug my body over to the kitchen. I got out a big plastic bowl and filled it up with my favorite icecream, Butter Pecan. Just as I was walking back to the couch to finish watching The Notebook, my iPhone vibrated on the coffee table. "Everybody leave me aloneeeee." I said in a grogy voice. I plopped back on the couch and grabbed my iPhone and opened my messages

7164462309(4:35pm)-"Hope you haven't forgot about your task."

I rolled my eyes and put my bowl of icecream down on the table. Obviously this message was from Jazz. And to be honest, I kinda did forget about it, hell I wasn't even sure if I was going to do it. I tapped the message bar and began to type.

ME(4:39pm)-"I haven't forgotten anything, and how did you get my # anyway?"

I hit send and leaned back on the couch, resuming my movie. A couple minutes later my phone vibrated again.

7164462309(4:41pm)-"Good. And I went through August's phone duh. Just text me when it's done."

I didn't even reply to the message. I wasn't going to tell her ok because I don't think I have the balls to do something like that. Why couldn't she just do this shit herself. Once my movie was over, I got up to change the DVD. All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. "Can people just leave me alone, damn." I said under my breath. I walked over to the door and looked out the peephole, it was Craig. I undid the locks and flung the door open.

"Hey Simone-damn!" Craig said staring at me. "What the hell happened to you??" Craig said analyzing my pajamas, bare face and extremely messy hair. I looked at Craig unimpressed. "Im not in the mood right now Craig." I said walking away from the door. Craig walked inside and closed the door behind him. "Wassup Simone? You good?" I plopped my self back down on the couch and started my movie. "Ooooh I get it, it's one of those female crisis aint it??" I shot Craig a stale look and put my focus back on the movie.

"Is it that time of the month or something?" Craig asked confused. "Really Craig?! No, damn." I said rudely. "Ok, Ok, my bad, ok let's see." Craig looked at me up and down and tapped his chin. "You gained a pound or something??" I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. "A pound...really?" I said annoyed. "2 pounds?" Craig said with a smile. "Why the hell would I be sad over that?" I shot back. Craig shrugged. "Man ion know, y'all females be goin ape shit when y'all gain weight so I thought-" "Well you thought wrong." I said stuffing my mouth with icecream. "You keep on downing that icecream like that, you gon gain more than 2 pounds." Craig said in a laugh.

I paused my movie and turned towards him. "Is there a specific reason why your here?" I asked impatiently. "Well damn, actually there is."Craig said. I motioned for him to continue. "Ima be gone for a little today and tommorow, I gotta go over to my house and check on some things." I nodded. "Okay...and?" I said. "Damn Simone, wassup mayne? Why you actin all bitchy and shit?" I sighed. "Im sorry ight, I just haven't had the best couple of days." "Man problems?" Craig asked. I furrowed my brows at him. "How you knew that??" I asked in a curious tone. "Cause you watching sad love movies and eatin ice cream and shit, plus you look like you just got into a serious accident." He said gesturing to my hair. I gave him a death stare and he laughed.