Chapter 13

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Isn't that Jazz?" I said to myself. I squinted, trying to make sure that it was here. It was. I saw August open the door, and smiled widely at her. She smiled back and they hugged each other, and for a good minute to. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous watching then together, I just wanted to know why she was here so late, and wanted to know now.

I backed up slowly and turned around to the guest house. I continued down the rest of the cobblestone pathway and my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and answered it.

ME: "Hello?"

TYRESE: "Hey love, I just got back."

ME: "Oh..that's great."

TYRESE: "You don't sound to excited there."

ME: "No, no, I am, Im just a little busy right now, that's all."

I lied.

TYRESE: "Okay then, I won't hold you, I just called to ask you something real quick."

ME: "What is it?"

TYRESE: "I want to see you tonight, come out with me."

ME: "That's a question?" I asked in a laugh.

TYRESE: "Aha, not exactly, but it still needs a answer."

ME: "....Sure Tyrese, be here in 30."

TYRESE: "Alright love."

After hanging up with Tyrese, I went back tothe guest house showered and got dressed. (OUTFIT IN EXTERNAL LINK)

15 mintues later, Tyrese called saying he was outside. I grabbed my bag and key and left.

"Hey gorgeous." Tyrese smiled as I got into the car. "Hey." I said vaguely. "You good?" He asked in a concern tone. "Yeah, im fine, where we going?" "Im taking you on a picnic." "A picinc?" I asked confusingly. "Yeah, so just enjoy the ride." I nodded and put my head on the back of the seat and closed my eyes. I slowly drifted into sleep. I had a long day and I was about to have an even longer night.

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times to clear my vision. "Tyrese?" I said outloud. I looked around and noticed that the car was parked and Tyrese was nowhere to be found. I undid my seatbelt and looked around the car. "Tyrese?" I said a little louder. I pulled my phone out of my bag too check the time. It was 8:47. All of a sudden, I heard the trunk slam and I jumped. "What the hell??!" I said. I heard the doors unlock and open. I saw Tyrese's face and I immediately let out a sigh of relief. "Your awake now, good." He said smiling. "Yeah, I woke up and you were gone, I was scared for a mintute." "Aww baby, I just went in the back to get this." He lifted up a big picnic basket and sat it between us. "Where are we?" I asked looking around. "On a cliff." He put the keys back in the ignition and turned on the headlights. "Wow..." I said looking at the whole city of New York below me. "Impressed?" He asked with a smirk. "Very." I said with a smile. He turned to the basket and pulled out a sandwhich and passed it to me.

"Sandwhiches?" I asked in a laugh. Tyrese chuckled. "Look, it's the best I can do, I don't cook." I laughed. "Awww, no wonder you brought these." I said looking at the peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. "You gon cook for me??" Tyrese asked. "How do you know, I know how to cook?" I asked raising a eyebrow. Tyrese smiled. "I just have a feeling that you do." "Well your actually right." I smiled and took a bite of my sandwhich.

After we finished our food, we started conversation. "So Simone, hows everything at "home" if you want to call it that." I started to feel a little nervous. "What do you mean, hows everything??" Tyrese smiled faintly. "I mean, hows everything, Is that guy respecting your privacy and what not?" I nodded my head. "Yeah everything is fine over there, I have no problems with August." I looked out the window and back at Tyrese. "Well it's to bad to hear that." He said. "What do you mean?" I asked defensively. Tyrese reached into his pocket and pulled out a Tiffany's box. My eyes shot open. "Tyrese you didn't..I-I-I mean, it's WAY to early in our relationship for-" "Whoa, whoa." Tyrese interrupted. "This is not a engangement ring Simone." He chuckled. I let out a nervous laugh. "Right." I slowly took the box away from him and proceeded to untie the bow. I took a deep breath and lifted the top off. "What is this?" I said lifting up the gift. "Its a key." Tyrese said happily. "Okay yeah I can see that Tyrese, what is it for??" "Its for you." I rolled my eyes. "Stop playing with me boy, what does this go to?" Tyrese cleared his throat. "It's a key to my place." I sighed and drop the key back into the box. "Look, thanks but no thanks." I handed him back the box. "Wait, so your not excepting it??" He asked in a confused tone. "No im not, im fine." Tyrese scoffed. "I don't get you at all." He said stuffing the box back into his pants pocket.