Chapter 32

Trying to post the rest of book in a few weeks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Babe...babe..Simone!!" I was startled out of all of my thoughts. "Yeah, im sorry, what did you say?" August sighed. "I said do you want Sprite or Mountain Dew??" I smiled slightly. "Sprite is fine." August nodded. Everything has been going so smoothly with me and August lately. But I still haven't said anything about my encounter with Quan the other day. I would have to explain the whole story to him as to why Quan hates me and I wasn't in the mood for that now. But what I couldn't stop thinking about was, what he had said to me before I exited the hospital. I told him I didn't want anything to do with him and that I was sorry. All he did was smile and chuckle and say that sorry doesn't make up for me putting him in jail.

There was nothing I could say after that, so I decided to apologize to Quan again, and on the way out the door, he said something that sat with me. "You will be sorry, trust me." Each word sent a chill down my spine. Of course, I didn't know what he meant by that, but knowing Quan, it's not something good. He said something else after that though, but I rushed out of the hospital so fast, I didn't catch it. All I wanted to do was get away from Tyrese and Quan, there both dangerous. I can't believe he played me this whole time. "Here you go." August said handing me my drink. "Thanks." He sat down next to me on the couch and laid me on his chest. "You ready?" I nodded. August grabbed the remote and pressed play. I got myself comfortable, getting ready to watch the movie.

15 mintues into the movie, my mind was already drifting off. August kept glancing over at me, catching me not paying attention. After the third time, he paused the movie and sat up. "You good ma?" I nodded. August frowned. "No you aint, whats wrong?" I took a deep breath. "Its nothing, I just got alot on my mind." August smirked. "Talk to me." I shook my head. "Its nothing." "Why you so difficult? just talk." He said in a laugh.

I wasn't ready to tell him about Quan yet, so I decided on telling him about the other things that were bothering me, well the most important thing anyway. "I need to talk to Stasia about....us." August frowned. "You haven't said anything yet??" I shook my head. "No...I just don't know how..I mean she liked you, ALOT and I was messing around with you the whole time." August nodded slowly. "I get it, but damn is she really gon be that mad?? I mean I never even met her, so I wasn't her property." I sighed. "I know, but it's like girl code, you just don't do that." August laughed. "Girl code?? Mayne im glad ima nigga." I smirked. "Whatever."

"But." He started. "You've been keeping it away from her for to long, and if that's yo bestfriend like you say, then you need to tell her, regardless of what her reaction is gunna be." I nodded. "I know." I said softly. "And besides, we official now, so you gon have to say something sooner or later." I smiled. "Can it be later?" I asked smartly. August shook his head. "Nah, sooner. Like tommorow, sooner." My eyes shot open. "Tommorow??? August are you crazy?" "Nah im sane. What? aren't you off tommorow anyways??" I nodded. "Then it's a good day for talking, and plus we need to talk anyway." I furrowed my brows at him."About what?" I asked defensively. He smirked. "Your job." I sighed.

"August, we talked about this already. I told you im not gunna stop stripping right now, it's my only source of income I got for myself...Until I find something better." August nodded. "I hear you, but we still gon have a talk tommorow, right after you handle yo shit with Stasia." I sighed again. "Fine." I folded my arms across my chest and layed back on the couch. August chuckled. "You sexy af with a attitude." I rolled my eyes. "Shutup." I said staring at the paused screen. August smirked and pulled me back on his chest. "Keep it up, you ain't tryna get it tonight." I laughed. "Your nasty." August smiled. "You right." He reached for the remote and unpaused the movie. I felt a little better after our talk, but I still was uneasy. I hope and pray that Stasia takes this well.