Chapter 12

Last Chapter until Friday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

SIMONE P.O.V.

I woke up a few hours later and started to get ready for work. Just when I was about to leave, there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to find August standing there. "I just came by to tell you that your car is here." I nodded my head. "Thanks..." "Yeah." August said walking away. Apparently he was still upset over my "I just wanna be friends" speech. But to bad, he'll understand later.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and went out the door. I walked down the cobblestone path way, where I met my brand new baby. "Wow." I said to myself. Looking at this car made me feel bad for the way I treated August. I walked over to the driver side and got in. "This is a nice ass car." I said gazing around. Compared to my old Honda, this was heaven. Even though I had the bucks before to afford a nice car, I just never believed paying over a certain amount for a vehicle. But I think this new car just made me change my mind.

I put the key in the ignition and turned the car on. I threw my gym bag in the backseat and turned on the radio. A Britney Spears song was on. I smiled to myself, thinking about when I found that Cd in Augusts' car. I shook my head, trying to clear all my thoughts. I backed up out of the driveway and made my way towards LACE.

I pulled into LACE's parking lot and and grabbed my gym bag out of the back seat. When I looked up from the door, I saw Stasia and Ashanti outside smoking. "Here we go." I said to myself. I walked over to the back entrance door, right where they were. "Damnnnn girl, moving on up I see." Ashanti said, pointing to my car. "Something like that." I said vaguely. "You've been to busy driving around in your new whip, to come to work now?" Ashanti said smiling. "Nope, it's just been hectic in my life right now, that's all." "Oh..Well I see you though. Who gave you that car?" Ashanti asked curiously. Both Stasi and Ashanti was staring at me, waiting for me to answer. "How do you know I didn't get it for myself?" I said defensively. "Simone, that's a 300,000 dollar car, and your cheap as hell, so who bought it for you?" Ashanti pushed my arm. "A friend." I answered. "...A friend named Tyrese maybe?" Stasia chimed in. I was actually shocked that she spoke to me, considering how she didn't acknowledge me when I walked over.

"Just a friend, okay?" I said looking at both of them. Ashanti put her hands up. "Okay, okay, I can take a hint." She put out her cigarette and went back inside, leaving me and Stasia outside alone to talk. "Sooo..wassup?" I said smiling nervously. "Are we actually going to talk or keep having this awkward small talk?" Stasia asked me. "No, Im ready to talk." I took Stasi's hand and led her inside to my dressing room, shutting the door. "Okay, so what's going on? forreal this time." Stasi said crossing her ams across her chest. I sighed. "Okay look, promise me you won't be mad after what I tell you." Stasi grabbed my hand. "I promise." "Okay, so let's go back to my birthday." "What happened on your birthday? I thought you went home after dinner."

"I did...but um August called to wish me a happy birthday and asked if I could go somewhere with him as a gift I guess." "Okay...where is this going? Are you seeing him or something?" Stasia asked. "NO, no, that's not where Im going with this. So when I came back from our outting, he walked me into the lobby and that's where I found out some bad news." "What kind of bad news?" "I found out my account got broken into, all my money is GONE." "Well we all know who would do something like that." Stasi said rolling her eyes. "Exactly, well anyways, I needed to pay for the upcoming weeks stay and I didn't have the money to pay so I had to leave.."

"If you left the Chandler already, where have you been staying?" Stasia asked in a concerned tone. "Well Uh, August offered me to stay in his guest house until I got my money in order again." Stasia's eyes shot open. "What?? you've been staying in his guest house and your just now telling me!?" "Yeah, I know I should have told you sooner." I said pushing my hair away from my face. "YEAH, like the first day sooner." Stasi said hitting my shoulder. "This is actually great news!" I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I could actually meet August now, this is perfect! Im one step closer to my man, thanks to my bestie." Stasia grabbed me and hugged me super tight. "Your welcome?" I said slightly hugging her back. Stasia pulled away from me and smiled. "Just one question though." "Okay sure, what?" I said sitting down in my makeup chair.