Chapter 22

SIMONE P.O.V.

After my talk with Brutus yesterday, I knew exactly what I needed to do. When August got back I was going to tell him EVERYTHING. Even if that meant him seeing me diffrently. I couldn't continue being Jazz's lapdog. But first things first. I needed to know more about her character and her connection with Quan. And the only way I was going to find that out was if I went back to visit that crackhouse.

I threw on some sweats and shades and hopped in the car. I parked in the same spot from last time, knowing that I had limited time to make it back. I walked down the alley once again, passing all of the begging crackheads and homeless people. I turned the corner swiftly and walked up to the old building, luckily this time there was no men outside and the door was already open.

I walked inside and stood in the doorway. "Hello?" I said outloud. There was two many doors inside and I didn't want to go in the wrong one so I decided to sit in the chair I sat in before and wait for someone to come out. I heard some shuffiling around in the back and so I knew somebody was trying to make there way out here. A couple seconds later, the same man with dreads that I spoke to last time appeared. "You again." He said with a smirk. "Yeah, im back." I said standing up. "You here to pick up again?" I shook my head. "No, im here on business." I said sternly. The guy smiled. "What type of business?" He said crossing his arms. "I need to know a little more about Jazz..and Quan." The guy furrowed his brows at me. "Jazz and Quan, why??" I reached inside my purse and pulled out a 100 dollar bill. "Does this answer your question?" I said handing him the money. They guy chuckled a little. "Did I tell you that I really like your attitude?" He said smiling. I nodded. "Back to business." I said. "So, last time I was here, you told me that Jazz and Quan had a thing before he got locked up, how did they meet?" The man sighed. "Uh, Jazz was a "musician" and she used to come through ALOT forn coke to escape alot of her problems. I nodded slowly. "Okay and?" I said. "And, Quan was her dealer, she came through so much, they were on a first name bases, then even when she wasn't buying she started stopping by just to chill with him.

"That's it? Thats all you can give me?" I said to the guy. "You got more cash?" He asked with a smile. "I do." I pulled out a 20 and handed it to him. He frowned a bit. "The better the info, the higher the count." I said with a smirk. The guy nodded. "So eventually." He continued. "Jazz and Quan became an item. She used to get high with him, help him handle all his money, help him scheme people and helped him with clients to." I nodded. "And then, she found out Quan was messing around with other females and she went crazy." "What do you mean by crazy?" I said curiously. "They argued and fought all the time, shit was crazy in here. But of course she got over it and continued to mess around with him until..." "Until what??" I said impatiently. He smiled and held out his hand. I sighed and placed another 20 in his palm.

"She got her deal... I had heard she was trying to stay clean while doing her rapping shit, but I guess not." I nodded again. "So is she dangerous?" I asked. They guy shook his head. "Without Quan she's not, but all of her sneaky ways she learned from him, and that's what you gotta watch out for." "Yeah I know that now." I said under my breath. "And also, she has a habit of stealing, so watch out for that." I smirked. "I got that." The guy smiled. "Jazz is a wiz at scheming people, most importantly men, that's what she did the best, she kinda did that to Quan to, that's why she won't dare show her face around here." I furrowed my brows at him.

"How did she play Quan?" I asked. "Stole alot of drugs and clients." "Oh..." I said softly. "Maybe that's why she needed all those drugs." I said under my breath. "Yeah, but that's all I got." I nodded. "That's all I need, thanks." I reached into my purse and pulled out another 100. "Thanks." I said with a smile. "You welcome baby." He flashed me a quick smile and then walked to the backroom.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Had to get this chap. out the wayy .

Vote/Comment!!