Chapter 40

Getting Closer to the end :)

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE NEXT DAY

"Yeah that's great, but when will all the clothes be shipped out??" "There hasn't been a set date planned yet, but Im sure it's going to be in the next 3 months." I nodded. "Ok, well when they have a set date, let me know so we can get the ball-" my sentence was cut short from my phone vibrating in my purse. I held up one finger and fished my phone from my bag. "This will just be a second." Linda nodded and walked off to a diffrent part of the store.

I glanced at my screen and furrowed my brows. "New York Medical Center??" I said lowly. "What the hell..?" I said again. I wondered why the hell the hospital would be calling me. After picking my brain for a minute, I came up with nothing. I shrugged and slid the answer bar over, placing the phone to my ear.

ME: "Hello?"

NURSE: "Hi, This is Nurse Katherine calling from the New York Medical Center, your boyfriend Mr.Alsina is here, is there any way you can make it down here?"

I was confused as fuck. What the hell was August doing there?? What happened to him??

ME: "Y-yes of course, what's wrong? is he okay?"

NURSE: "He was having severe stomach cramps and he got a little sick when he was here, but he's okay now."

ME: "Thank god...what happened if you don't mind me asking?"

The nurse sighed.

NURSE: "It seems that there was traces of cocaine in his bloodstream..apparently he's been consuming it orally. Has he been sick or naseous lately?"

ME: "....Naseous.. yes."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There had to be another explanation for this, I knew August would NEVER be into that kind of stuff. Especially after I told him what I went through.

NURSE: "Well that would explain why, I can explain it some more when you arrive, alright ma'am?"

ME: "Yes, ok thank you, I should be there in 10 minutes."

NURSE: "Alright, make your way to room 144 when you arrive."

ME: "Ok, thank you."

I slid the red bar over ending the call. I threw my phone into my purse and searched around frantically for my car keys. Linda walked back over to me with a concerned expression. "Is everything alright?" I shook my head. "No, there's been a emegency, I gotta get to the hospital, we can pick up where we left off tommorow." Linda nodded. "Alright, just call me." "I will!" I shouted, pratically running through the door. I hopped in the car and sped all the way to the hospital. My mind was racing all over the place. I need answers and I needed them now.

10 MINUTES LATER

I arrived at the hospital in a slight panic. I walked straight inside to the lobby and began searching from room 144. I walked down a long hallway until I finally got there. "Oh god." I said pushing the door open.

"Baby! are you-" I stopped my sentence from the fact that we weren't alone, like I thought we would be. I scanned the room to see everyone. There was Craig, the nurse, Brutus and Trey, Augusts' manager." Everyone greeted me as I walked up beside August. He let out a slight smile. "Hey.." I said softly. I kissed him and held his hand. "How you feel?" He sighed. " Still feelin a little uneasy, but im good ma." I sighed and nodded.

The nurse walked up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. "Ms. Smith, right?" I nodded. "Im Nurse Katherine, we spoke on the phone earlier." I nodded and shook her hand. "Of course, I remember." She smiled slightly. "I wanted to get more into depth of what happened and what needs to happen after today." I let go of Augusts' hand and completely faced her. "Sure, of course, go ahead." "Well." She started. "Like I said on the phone, there was traces of cocaine in his system." I notcied Trey shaking his head in my peripheral vision.