Chapter 42

4 MONTHS LATER

I knocked rapidly on Kerri's front door. "Kerri! Kerri! answer the damn door!!" A few seconds later, Kerri opened the door looking like she just woke up. I rushed inside her apartment and dropped onto the couch. "Well come in." She said still holding the door open. " I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I need to talk to you and its semi serious." Kerri closed her door and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Wassup?" She said through a yawn. It was like 2 in the afternoon, I didn't know why the hell she was tired, but oh well. "Look, Ive been feeling really woozy and sick lately... It stopped for a while, and I found out I was coming down with something..but now it's back and I don't think it's a cold." Kerri frowned. "Are you alright?? have you gone to the doctor?" I shook my head. "I haven't gone and Im not going to go either." Kerri looked at me like I was crazy. "...Ok...so how do you think Im gunna help you, Im no doctor." I sighed. "I don't think Im sick Kerri..." Kerri sighed. "Well if you don't think your sick then what is it, its to early for these games and-" Kerri stopped mid-sentence and smiled. "Wait..I know your not..pregnant are you??"

I sighed. "I don't know, maybe." I said looking down in my lap. Kerri grabbed me and hugged me. "Oh my god!! Congrats!!" I pushed Kerri off me. "Calm down, Im not even 100% sure yet." Kerri fanned me off. "Its a possibilty right...?" I shrugged my shoulders. She pushed my shoulder and sucked her teeth. "Girl stop, you and August been smashin right?" I nodded. "Well its a possibility then." She said smiling. I sat there quiet.

Kerri's smile quickly turned into a frown. "What is it?" She said rubbing my shoulder. I sighed again. "I don't know Kerri, it's like, im not sure how August is gunna react to all of this, I mean, his career just started to take off, its not fair that he would have to put his dreams on hold for me." Kerri nodded slowly. "I get where your coming from, but can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Okay so, you said you guys have been smashing right??" I nodded. "Ok and did y'all use a condom EVERY time?" I sat there and thought a minute. "No..." I said in a sigh.

Kerri nodded. "Alright then, he has to take responsibility, just like you have to. Everybody knows that when you smash with and without a condom, you take a chance on gettin a female pregnant, that's just life." I nodded and smiled a little. "And besides, if he really cares about you, this shouldn't be a big problem. His priorities are gunna change that's for sure, but that's called becoming a parent." Kerri grabbed both of my hands and smiled at me. "Its gunna be okay girl, but the first step is taking the test." I nodded. "I'll think about it."

2 DAYS LATER

"But I really gotta pee babe like I can't hold it." August sighed."Alright go, hurry up, It's 7:57, you got three minutes!" I heard August shout behind me. "K!" I said running off to the bathroom. My nausea has been getting worse these past weeks. Ive been trying to ignore it the best I can because the thought of me possibly being pregnant scares me. I ran into the bathroom shutting and locking the door behind me. I collapsed on the ground infront of the toilet and threw everything up besides my damn intestines. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I said to myself. I threw my head back into the bowl and let more come out. Once I was done, I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth quickly.

I heard August rattle the door knob. "Aye, what's takin so long??? The show is on." "Just start without me." I shot back. "Ight." he said. I heard footsteps getting faint so I knew he had went back to the living room. I took a deep breath and sat up on the counter. "Lets just get this over with." I slid off the counter and crouched down to the cabinets under the sink. I opened one cabinet door and scanned the compartments. "Just as I left it." I said to myself. I reached all the way in the back and pulled out a tampon box. I opened it up and pulled out a pregnancy testing stick. I knew August wouldnt dare to look in there, so that was the best hiding spot.

"Here goes nothing." I said ripping open the wrapper. I walked over to the toilet, hovered over it and placed the stick in between my legs. After doing my business, I sat the stick up on the counter and waited. This was definetely the longest 5 minutes of my life. I sat there staring at the stick, thinking about how this would change everything. I would be a mom, meaning I would have another life to look after, and Im not sure if I was ready for that, even though I always knew I wanted kids one day. Plus, August was just starting out his career, I don't even know how he would react if I was pregnant. I was startled out of all of my thoughts by a knock at the door.

"You good in there ma? You been in there for a minute." I exhaled. "Im fine, I'll be out in two minutes." I said calmly. ".....Ight...don't blow a hole in the damn toilet." He said in a laugh. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I got off the counter again and paced back and forth for the last two minutes. I looked at my phone time and seen that 5 minutes was up. "Oh god..here we go." I walked back over to the counter and pulled out the small direction paper that I hid in the tampon box. I took a deep breath and began to read. "One line, not pregnant, two lines, pregnant." I crumbled up the paper and threw it in the trash that was next to me.

I closed both eyes and picked up the test. My heart was beating a mile per minute. I slowly opened one eye and peeked at the result bar. "....My god.." I dropped the test and stood there frozen. "Im pregnant." I said to myself. I didn't know whether to cry, scream or smile. I picked up the test and threw it in the trash. Lord knows I didn't want August to find this just yet, so I had to dispose it until I found a special way to tell him.

I wrapped up the trash and sat it by the front door, making a mental to note to take it out later. I rushed back into the living room, sitting down next to August on the couch. "You good?" August asked me with a side-eye. I nodded. I layed on his chest and held him. He grabbed the remote and pressed play. "Previously on Love and Hip-Hop." August kicked his feet up and got comfortable. I layed on his chest thinking about everything. Im pregnant, like really pregnant. I layed there quietly as he watched the show.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Simone is preggars y'all , what y'all think??

Next chapter is the last, y'all ready????

Vote/Comment !