Chapter 16

I read the note over again, making sure I what I read was just real. "First task : $300 in cash : drug deal." Inside the slip was 300 dollars. I had no clue what she meant by that. I thought maybe she needed to to pick up weed or something for her, but why the fuck am I doing it?? I threw the pink slip out the window of my car and started to drive. The whole drive home I thought about how much I hated Jazz and how I wish she would have NEVER came into LACE that night.

I pulled into Augusts' empty driveway and got out. I forgot that they all went out together -.- I walked down the pathway to the guest house. I walked into my bedroom and layed down on the bed. As soon as my body hit the mattress, there was a knock at the door.

"Who the.." I said in a whisper. I had no idea who this could be August was out with Jazz and Craig and the only other person who knew where I stayed was Stasi. I walked down the stairs slowly and crept up to the door. I stood on my tippy toes to look out the peep hole. I was suprised to see Craig at the door. I unlocked the lock and opened the door slightly. "Hey Craig." Craig smiled. "I thought you were going out with August tonight?." "I was but, I felt like a 3rd wheel, so I let August have some time with his female." I rolled my eyes. "Oh ight. So what brings you over here?" I asked curiously. "Nothing in particular, I just wanted to talk to somebody, its lonely as fuck in that big ass house." I laughed. "Your right, come in." I stepped back and motioned for Craig to come inside.

Craig walked inside and immediately took a seat on one of the couches in the living room. "Where's the remote?" He asked. I chuckled. "I thought you wanted to talk??" "I can watch tv and talk at the same time." I shook my head. "No man can do that." I said with a smirk. Craig turned on the tv and leaned back. "Im a little parched, do you mind?" He said touching his throat. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen. I poured a glass of lemonade and walked back over to the couch. "Here." I said shoving it in his face. I plopped down next to him and sat back. "So wassup?" I said looking at him. Craig sipped some lemonade and sat his glass down on the table. "You tell me wassup." He said with a smirk. I side-eyed Craig and crossed my arms. "What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously. "I mean wassup, like what's going on?"

I furrowed my brows. "Nothing's going on.." I said slowly. Craig laughed. "Wassup, as in why are you here, wassup." I laughed. "I could ask you the same thing." I shot back. "Well." Craig started. "I just moved back to NY so you know me and my dawg had to link up one time. But my kitchen being renovated so im just chillin here for awhile. Plus im helping August with his album and everything, since you know ima producer now." I nodded m head. "That's good. Y'all always loved music." Craig nodded. "Yeah...now on to you, why are you here?" I sighed. "August didn't tell you?" Craig shook his head. "I didn't ask him, I wanted to ask you." He said picking his lemonade back up.

"Ive had a few mishaps happen recently and August is just helping me out until I get back on my feet." Craig nodded. "Okay, that's wassup. So how long have y'all been back in contact?" Craig asked. "Uh, maybe for almost 2 months now." "What about you?" I asked him. "Me? We never stopped talking, we've just been really busy." "Oh ight." I said quietly. "Yeah, So anyways, tommorow night, we going to the Beyonce concert, you slidin?" I smiled. "Yeah sure." Craig smiled back. "Ight I'll just let August and Jazz know." My smile turned into a immediate frown and Craig noticed. "What's wrong? You don't like Beyonce? Girls love Beyonce." Craig said in a laugh. "No, no I LOVE Beyonce..its-" "It's Jazz isnt it?" Craig said cutting me off.

"What? Pshh.. no.." I said nervously. Craig busted out laughing. "Your a bad liar, do you know that?" He said patting me on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Craig." "No, but forreal, wassup with you and her? Everytime her name comes up you roll your eyes, or anytime she comes around your mood changes, yeah I peeped." He said drinking the rest of his lemonade. I took Craig's glass out of his hand and walked toward the kitchen. "Something happen between you and August aint it?" I stopped dead in my tracks and spun around. "No..why would you say that?" Craig smirked.

"I see the way jit look at you and I see how you look at him, Im not dumb damn!" Craig said laughing. This was the second time somebody had "noticed" how me and August look at each other, like was it really that noticeable? "We don't look at each other in no kinda way." I said defensively. "Pshhh, please Simone." Craig stared at me for a minute and then his eyes shot open. "Y'all smashed aint it!!!" He said loudly. "No, what makes you think that??!" I said. "Oooooh I knew it mayne, DAMN my dawg finally hit." I scoffed. "Finally? What the fuck does that mean? "Chilll, im just saying he always liked you." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, yeah okay." There was silence between us for a mintue until Craig spoke again.

"...Wait so if y'all did the nasty, then why is he with Jazz now?" I sighed. "Why do you ask so many questions." I said in the same tone he did. "You know im boderline nosey." Craig said with a smile. I laughed. "Boderline?? Yeah right AND I never said that we did." "You didnt have to, I can tell y'all did, so back to the question." I could tell Craig was NOT going to let this go. "It's complicated alright?" I walked out of the kitchen and back to the living room. "Ion see what's so compicated, if you like my dawg then you needa go snatch dat, he ain't gone be single forever." Craig said. "He's not single now." I said smartly.

"Ight, I'll give you that, but you know what I mean. He's always been so crazy about you...but don't tell him I told you that." I nodded in agreement. "But thanks for the company, Ima go kick back now." I giggled to myself. "You do that, bye Craig." I watched Craig walk over to the door and leave. His words sat with me for a while. Although now, I couldn't act on my feelings if I wanted to because of Jazz. I blame myself for waiting so late.

After Craig left, I sat on the couch with a big bowl of icecream and watched a marathon on Pretty Little Liars until I fell asleep.

THE NEXT DAY

"Simone, open the door!!" I heard a female's voice shout behind my front door. I rolled over on the couch and grabbed my phone. "7:30?! What the fuck!" I said outloud. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" She shouted again. I drug myself off the couch and to my front door. I unlocked both locks and flung the door open. "What the fuck!!!!" I shouted. Jazz smiled and folded her arms. "Goodmorning to you to Simone." I sighed. "Its 7 in the morning, what the fuck do you want?" I said rudely. "Somebody's got a attitude." Jazz said stepping up closer to the door, trying to walk inside. "Where you going?" I said putting my hand up. Jazz laughed. "Im not laughing. First off all, Im NOT a morning person, so you waking me up this early already got me pissed. And second you don't own this house, so ion know why you thought you was just gon walk in." Jazz stepped back. "You really aren't a morning person aren't you?" I scoffed."Why are you here?" I snapped. Jazz' smile turned into a quick frown. "Listen I tried being nice to you but apparently you like it better when I act like a bitch. " I rolled my eyes.

"Did you get my shit for me?" Jazz snapped. "No I didn't, you didn't even tell me where to go." I said. Jazz got quiet. "Right." She pulled out a paper with a address on it and handed it to me. "This is where Im getting it from." I look down at the address. "Ask for Quan, he should have what I need." My head shot up from the note and back up to Jazz. "Quan..?" I asked slowly. "Yeah..Quan..you know him or something?" Jazz asked curiously. I shook my head. "No, Its just I never heard a name like that before. Jazz smiled. "Okay well, I need you to be there by 2 and he should have what I need." "Okay." I said in a sigh. "Thanks, it looks like i'll be keeping your secret after all." Jazz said with a smile. "Whatever." I said while rolling my eyes. "Hmm, well I gotta get back before August wakes up." Jazz shot me a small smile and went back down the pathway.

I shut the door and looked down at the address she gave me. I knew this place all to well. Quan use to bring me there sometimes when he had some buyers coming through. Now I didn't even have to guess what I was picking up today. I thought it was gunna be weed or something, but now I knew- it was crack.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Should Simone go??

Vote/Comment!