Chapter 6

The next day it was back to work. The only perks about working at night was that I had the whole day to lounge around. So at 5:30 I took my shower, threw on my usual sweats and left for LACE. This time I was determined to make it on time so I left way earlier than I usually would. I got to LACE around 6:30 and I made my way back to the dressing room. Of course, there was Stasia sitting on the mini couch putting on her thigh highs. I laughed and shook my head. When we first got to LACE we both had to share one tiny ass dressing room, but now that we've been here for for almost 4 years, we both have seperate rooms but we share each others rooms just because.

"Hey." I said while dropping my gym bag in my makeup chair. "Hey maid." I laughed at Stasia's stupidity. "Someone's been watching to much Love & hip hop." Stasia chuckled. "Whatever, but Im glad your here, we need to talk business." "Business?? Stasia I told you im working on the August thing and-"

"No silly, this has nothing to do with August." She pulled me over to the couch and sat me down. "Okay..." I arched a brow at her. "Its about you." "Oh, well what about me?" "Well.." Stasia continued. "What is it??" I asked suspiciously. "Okay so your 22nd birthday is in two days and you still haven't said one word about it." "Because i wasn't planning to.." I said under my breath. "What was that?" Stasia asked me. "Nothing. "

To be honest, I wasn't planning anything special for my birthday. All I was basically was going to do that day was probably go out for a nice breakfast, get all done up and go out shopping with Stasiaand then met up with her and Ev for a nice birthday dinner. That's what I did every year, well except last year because I had to work a double shift and LACE. Great way to remember your 21st birthday. But I didn't see why Stasia wanted me to do something else. She knows that's the routine, she's been going along with it for a while now.

"So I kinda had an idea for this year." Stasia said. "Like..?" "Okay so during the day you can do your usual thing, you know, breakfast and pampering. Then the mall like we usually do, and then... " I sighed."Omg Stasi spit it out!" I said while playfully pushing her. "I can through you a big party and invite everybody we know, trust me its gunna be turnt." I laughed at her. "Thanks but no thanks, Im okay with my usual birthday routine." "Simi come on, you spent your last birthday working your ass off, Im trying to help you make up for last year." "That's okay Stasi, I appreciate it but nah, Im good."

I got up from the couch and sat down in my makeup chair and started to get ready to go out. I heard Stasia sigh and get up from the couch. Eventually I heard the door close so I guess she left. Stasia always been the type of friend to encourage me to try new things and be more wild like her, but I was okay with my reserved ways. Its kinda weird because im a stripper and all, how many people know a reserved stripper??? Yeah okay. But it was MY 22nd birthday and it should be about what I wanna do. And if that means going with my tradition, then so be it.

I finish my hair and makeup, then changed into my lingerie. Once again I walked out the stage entrance , waited for my name to be called and and went out and did my thang. Every time im out there on the pole, Im aways suprised at the people who remember me and actually wana see me. Half the time the mean are really fine. But occasionally you get stuck dancing for those old guys or the married men that come in there in there suit and tie. But whatever, I do what I have to do to survive, no matter how much I hate it.

2 DAYS LATER- SIMONE P.O.V.

I slowly opened myeyes from the sound of my phone vibrating on the nightstand. "Ugh, who is it?" I said to myself. I shuffled around my bed for my phone and squinted to look at the screen. Of course Stasia would be calling. I glanced up to the top of screen to check the time. "7:30, damn Stasi." I slid the bar over and put the phone to my ear.