Chapter 9, New Guard Dog

Lucy's Pov, 

After reading a letter ordering Sting to help me out with finding this killer I was annoyed. More than that, I was filled with anger. The Queen should know by now that I have dealt with worse killers, that I always showed up with new results. "This does not make you a new guard dog" I then looked at Sting who was smirking a little, leaning back sitting on my couch. Rogue standing behind him with no emotion. "Lady Lucy, you didn't inform me about guest" I heard Natsu's voice as I turned to see him holding a file in the doorway.

"The Queen has sent them to help us" I then explained my voice showing how annoyed I was about this. I would now have to get Mirajane to keep this idiots out of my home unless I let them inside. "What we got so far Lady Lucy?" Sting then asked as I kept my emotions in check. I wanted to his him as I felt his smirk. I turned my head to see he was smirking after all. "A cult is killing people while someone steals their lungs afterwards" I then answered as Natsu walked over, passing me the file he had. 

I had a look inside, checking the names on the list. "We also know a right handed doctor is the one stealing lungs, there are only so many right handed doctors in town right now" I then added as one of the names caught my eye. Jose. I had a strong feeling this doctor knew the cult. Had to. There was no other way some random doctor knew all the attacks and where they was before someone called the police of finding the body. "Who do we check out first My Lady?" Natsu then asked as I sighed.

"Jose Porla, rumours are he is into the dark part of the underground, he might even know the cult with his background" I then answered. Sting had an amused face looking at me. "What?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. "Nothing, where you want me?" Sting asked as I then saw Jose knew someone called Sorano. I knew that name from Cana she was known around the black market as Angel. "Check out this Sorano" I then passed Sting the file as he looked and nodded. "We will get right on it" Sting got up and left, Rogue following him.

Something about him and Rogue got me questioning. Some reason my cocky side was playing a game with the two of them. A game I might end up regretting. "Natsu you are still obliged by the contract correct?" I asked double checking if I still had a chance to win the game. Natsu looked at me and raised one of his eyes brows. "Of course, My Lady, I am to protect you and listen to your orders until you die or until I help fulfil your wish" Natsu answered as I nodded. Sadly I had to put 99% of my cards on him.

"Good, let us go talk to Jose" I then started to walk as I felt Natsu grab my arm, spinning me around for us to be pretty close. My cheeks burned up a little. "What is bugging you My Lady?" Natsu then asked a serious look in his eyes. Why was I blushing? Did I really have feelings for a demon who was going to eat my soul sooner or later? "Why do you care Natsu?" I then asked as he smirked a little. "As a Heartfilla butler I have to make sure My Lady is in full health" Natsu only answered as I rolled my eyes.

He always used that excuse. "And as the head of the Heartfilla clan I don't have to answer" I then smirked a little as me and Natsu would play theses types of games. Always making us question each other, seeing who would get annoyed the most. Our wins were equal. 

Natsu's Pov, 

Lady Lucy had always been the first one to never answer me right away like my past contracts or even other demons. As I was the Demon Crowned Prince. Soon to become King. I saw Lady Lucy smirk as I let her go. I was still smirking a little from making My Lady blush. "Now we have a job to do, sooner we finish the sooner we get rid of Sting and Rogue" Lady Lucy walked ahead, me following behind her. Small moments like that, us questioning each other and playing a small game always made me see the real Lucy Heartfilla.

She would let down her walls and show her emotions and be her true self. Moments like that I want to go on. Sadly around now I couldn't lie. I a demon had fallen for my pray....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preview: 

  "Answer the question Jose Porla" I then demanded an annoyed look on his face as a knife showed in his righ hand. The knife covered with dried blood as Jose ran at me. With a blink of an eye he was pinned to the wall, Natsu holding him there. Jose looked in pain as Natsu was holding out his right arm out from behind his back. "Brake his right arm" I then ordered a tad bored as Natsu had a small smirk. He soon listened to the order braking Jose's right arm making him give out a loud scream of pain.