Chapter 7, A Gift, A Mission?

The Next Day, Lucy's Pov, 

I was sitting at my desk writing some contracts for my business. I needed to expand it. I wasn't sure on how to. "My Lady, you have a gift" Natsu was at the door way as I looked up at him confused. "A gift?" I asked raising an eyebrow at the pink haired demon. He nodded and then grabbed off a bouquet of red/pink roses. I got up and walked over taking them to see a card on the side. I had a look at it.

To Lady Lucy,
I am sorry about Sir Jiemma the others night.
I hope to see you again soon.
From Sting. 

I shook my head sighing. "What did you learn last night?" I asked walked over to my desk, placing the flowers down there. I saw Natsu froze up a little. He learnt something he didn't like. "Both Sting and his butler have an interest in you My Lady" Natsu answered shocking me a little. By the sound of Natsu's voice I could tell he didn't like the fact. "Why does his butler have an interest in me?" I then asked as I had a very strong feeling that Natsu knew more about this Rogue then he was giving up.

"Your soul if different, it's filled with bravery and that is very rare" Natsu answered as I nodded. Understandable. Soon I heard a horse outside. I turned to the window to see a carriage showing up. I saw the queens crest on the flag. I knew who it was right away. Loke. One of the Queens Celestail's. They was known to protect and do what ever the queen asked. "Natsu get some tea ready, I will greet Loke" I then ordered as he nodded and bowed. I then headed down the stairs and walked to the door opening it to see Loke walking over. 

"My Lady" Loke bowed as I had a good look at him. Loke had orange hair what was kept in a mildly short, spiky cut, with spiky strands covering his forehead, and other longer ones jutting upwards from the top of his head. Loke's hazel eyes were almost always covered by a pair of azure-tinted sunglasses with a thin frame. Loke was wearing his elegant dark suit, with the jacket left unbuttoned and the loose pants held up by a light coloured belt, over a lighter shirt with a plain red tie around the neck, plus dark shoes.

"You only come if the Queen needs something" I moved my hand to offer Loke to come inside. He smiled and nodded as we then walked inside and headed into the pool room. "What is my new mission Loke?" I asked as Natsu showed up pushing a trolly. He soon poured us some tea as Loke then sat down in one of the chairs. "In the city there is a killer going around, murdering the poor" Loke then explained as I sighed. What was with all these kidnappers and killers? They was spreading like wild fire.

"What type of killer?" I asked sitting down next to Loke. He soon pulled out a file, passing it to me. I had a small look. The bodies were mostly cut up into many parts. "There lungs are missing" Loke then informed me as I sighed. Another crazy murder. With this much hate being put into the kills this person would kill again. Most of the victims being female could mean it has a high chance of being a male. "Tell the Queen I will take the case" I then replied as Loke was given some tea from Natsu. 

Natsu put my tea on the side next to me as Loke drank some. "What's with these killers and you? You always agree to the rare ones" Loke then asked looking at me with a curious look. Everyone was always trying to get a read on me. Trying to understand why I wanted to put killers and kidnappers down. "That's for you to try and find out Loke" I then replied as he chuckled. He finished his tea quiet fast like normal before leaving. Natsu showing him out. I knew I would have to see Cana. 

She would know if this killer was good with what a knife or blade. If the killer froze up half way or if he cut out the lungs right. "Should I get the carriage ready?" Natsu asked as soon as he returned. "Yes, we are seeing her again" I answered as Natsu nodded and walked off. I got up grabbing my cup and drinking most of the tea. Like I was letting good tea go to waste. Sadly I couldn't drink all of it. I knew this killer would strike again sooner or later. Sadly I had a very strong feeling it would be sooner.

I then walked off headed outside to see the carriage there waiting. Natsu offered his hand while standing next to the open carriage door. I walked over taking it as he helped me inside. "So how are we dealing with this one My Lady?" Natsu asked getting into the carriage, closing the door. I started thinking. This person would go down fighting, to their last breath. "We kill them" I answered with no emotion as the carriage started moving....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preview: 

  I placed it on the ground as Lady Lucy was thinking. "Each of the victims had a mark on what was left on their shoulders" Cana then pulled a photo out of her pocket passing it to me. I had a look to see it was a rose burned into the back of their shoulders with unknown writing under it. I then walked over to Lady Lucy, passing the picture to her. Soon as she had a look at the picture her eyes widen as I then remembered the people who kidnapped her long ago, the people I saved her from placed that mark on her.