Two Heart Beats

Elijah smiled encouragingly when you shot him a nervous glance, his hands fell from the steering wheel, a clear indicator that he wasn't letting you of as easy as you'd hoped. After weeks of complaining to his brother about feeling off Elijah decided to bring you to the witches that hid out in the bayou.

"It's probably flu, I'll be fine." You muttered, Elijah scoffed.

"(Y/N) we both know it's not flu and Klaus is beginning to scene your urge to flee New Orleans." He smiled kindly. Climbing out of the car and opening your door before you'd even unbuckled your seat belt.

"Fine let's get this over with." You practically whisper. Elijah nodded and gently took your arm as you walked towards the house in front of you.

Klaus sighed as he walked up the stairs, to get to your room, he wanted nothing more than to sink down into your bed and let your even breaths relax him. He frowned when his hands met your door handle but it did nothing more than jiggle.

Elijah had told him you'd let him escort you to the doctor, so he didn't want to wake you in case you needed rest but he needed your scent, even heart beat and that breath taking smile you fix him every morning to keep him calm. He rolled his eyes when a draft flowed from under your door, with a mutter about being stereotypical he rushed outside and jumped, landing on your window ledge and ducked through your open window.

"What secrets are you hiding from me Love?" Klaus muttered. He expected no answer from you, as he began flicking through the odd bits you'd locked away from him, eventually he stumbled upon a bag with two bottles of pills. 

He had no idea what they were for but made a mental note to find out in the morning, other than that nothing seemed odd so he sunk down onto your bed, tugging his shoes and shirt off as he snuck his way to your sleeping body.

He froze when a small whooshing sound caught his attention. You rolled in your sleep, landing on your back, with your arms splayed out giving him the opportunity to inspect your body closely. He quickly determined that you were indeed the source of the noise, his hand ghosted your stomach as he swallowed deeply.

"Klaus?" You mumbled sleepily. As soon as you realized that he was in your room you sat up and pushed away from him, looking at him carefully, something he didn't miss.

"Elijah took you to the doctors?" He asked suspiciously. You swallowed knowing that now was the moment you'd been avoiding for the day.

"No... he took me to some witches in the bayou and they did some tests." You whispered. He didn't react, mostly because your voice told him you were being sincere.

"And what did the witches tell you." His face was stern and he couldn't hold you gaze for fear that you'd found someone else.

"Hybrids' can breed." You mumbled quickly. His head jerked up and his eyes latched onto your face, he almost didn't hear what you said, it didn't take long for him to realise what you meant and his hand slowly slid to your abdomen.

"Mine?" He growled suddenly. You smiled when he lifted you by the hips and began littering your exposed stomach with kisses.

"You're not angry or... upset or I don't know... Elijah didn't believe them until they did the test two more times." You asked hurriedly.

"(Y/N) you've never lied to me before; I'd never be upset... I love you and anyone else." He pressed a kiss to your temple while pulling you into his chest. "I hope you know I'm going to harass the witches till I find out how this all works." He whispered.

 You hummed happily in response as he stroked his fingers through your hair and helped your fall back asleep.

He couldn't keep his hands of your stomach, occasionally he'd wake you up as he moved to focus his attention on another part of your body. He was almost convinced that if he touched you to hard you'd break and he quickly decided that the two heart beats emitting from your body was the best sound he'd heard for a thousand years.