The Friend

"Well if it isn't the lovely (Y/N), to what do we owe the pleasure?" Klaus hummed when he saw you, smiling widely as you entered the room.

"You know Klaus I think besides Rebekah you are the only person who is always so pleased to see me." You sighed, smiling when he looked surprised.

"Clearly you've been hanging around with the wrong people." He chuckled, moving closer to you, looking at you the way you would appreciate something rare.

"Nik, are you bothering (Y/N) again?" Rebekah accused as she stomped into the room. "Well come on Darling, places to be and fun to have and believe me I have someone fun in mind for you."

"Of course, sister, I wouldn't want to invade on your fun." Klaus smirked as he left the room, his eyes lingering on you before he vanished.

"As usual Nik is lurking, we should leave before he decides to come back and bother us." She held out her arm and the two of you headed off.

"You need to stop this." Rebekah snapped when she returned home and found Klaus brooding.

"What dear sister, I cannot have a pleasant evening while you are allowed to galivant around and have fun?" Klaus hummed, tossing his dinner to the floor which made Rebekah roll her eyes as blood began to seep into the rug.

"You know what I mean." She glared as he got to his feet and laughed.

"Have I not done as you asked, hidden my feelings for (Y/N), lied to her and played the happy friend while you give her away to other men?" Klaus asked as Rebekah glared at him.

"You have promised discretion in exchange for her safety and yet you still flirt with her, always somewhere close to her or you have some kind of spy watching over her as if I can't protect her." Rebekah walked circles around Klaus while he simply found the conversation amusing.

"What more would you have me do sister, compel her to despise me, do you not think such actions would make her hate us both?" Klaus muttered, frowning when she stopped.

"Is this all you do?" You asked and they both looked shocked, turning to look at you guiltily. "You argue over my future as if I have no say in it?"

"(Y/N) I..." Rebekah started, looking hurt when you shook your head and started to leave.

"I told you how I felt about Klaus but you warned me that he was dangerous and I listened to you because we all know it's true... I let you convince me he had no feelings for me beyond manipulation, when he daggered you I ran far, far away to stay clear of him and put myself in danger as the beloved and unprotected friend of Rebekah Mikaelson... for what?" You asked, tears trailing down your cheeks, Klaus looked as if your tore his heart out while Rebekah remained silent.

"I promise you (Y/N) my sisters intentions were..." You stopped Klaus with a glare and he fell silent again, watching as you waited for Rebekah to say something.

"Is that it then, you get caught out and like Kol you have no excuse but begging or silence?" You asked and she let her eyes fall shut as she started to cry. "They say history repeats its self I feel sorry for you Mikaelsons because I imagine being stuck in the same ways never able to change despite your attempts must be utterly disheartening." You left them as you ran from the building, tears streaming down your cheeks as you sobbed silently.