Sweet Child Of Woe

"Camille I have something I need to tell you." Davina muttered as she walked into the bar.

"Davina... what're you doing here if Klaus finds you out of hiding!" Camille fussed and froze when she saw what Davina was holding.

"You have to help me hide her." She whispered through a sob.

"Davina where did you get the baby?" Camille asked nervously, knowing the only person who had been with Davina was Kol, he'd been killed by Klaus and Davina vanished, seeming to be planning Klaus' downfall.

"She's... mine, and Kol's." Davina whispered and gazed down at the child with a warm but broken smile.

"How is that even possible?" Camille hurried to shut all the doors and windows as if they could shield the sound of the hunted witch from the hybrid.

"Magic make lots of things possible, but you have to help me... Klaus he'll..." She trailed off and kissed the baby's forehead.

"He'll kill you both if he finds you, what were you thinking of leaving your hiding place?" Camille asked desperately.

"She will never be safe with me, not until she is much older, I need to get her to Marcel." Davina carefully handed her child to Camille. "You can't let the Mikaelson's find out about (Y/N) ... please Camille."

"I'll try my best to keep her from them." Camille promised and had no choice but to watch as Davina carefully tucked a letter into a bag and left.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)." Camille whispered as she dressed you and gathered your things, hoping that no one would notice her carrying the child through the Quarter and over the river.

"Camille?" Klaus' voice had her freezing and panicking.

"Klaus, I didn't expect to see you out so early." She fixed him a smile before attempting to continue on her way but he was suddenly in front of her and looking down at the bundle in her arms. "She's my god-daughter."

"She's beautiful." Klaus offered kindly and smiled, frowning when Camille seemed to tense and then relax.

"Well I should really get going." Camille muttered and went to step around Klaus.

"Perhaps I could give you a lift?" Klaus smiled a dangerous smile and Camille almost gave in purely to keep you on the safer side of his curiosity.