A Bloody Obsession

Warnings: Reader attacked/ bitten, blood drinking / blood sharing

You weren't sure where you were. Perhaps near New Orleans but you weren't convinced. There weren't enough wolves in the woods to be near New Orleans. If a huge wolf hadn't been chasing your for the last few days you might have stopped to find out where you were.

While you'd passed many humans and could have easily drank your fill, that is, if human blood didn't leave you violently ill you could have.

The snarled snaps and grunts told you the wolf was closing in. Just as you managed to find a clear streak of forest to gain a few feet the wolf slept, catching you from behind as he snapped at you. You cried out as it's teeth closed on your neck and held on, trying to pry it off you found the venom of it's teeth burned your fingers.

A furious blur pulled the wolf of you and a man in a suit, followed by a grumpy looking woman appeared at your side. "Niklaus, will you be kind enough to help her." The man snapped to Niklaus who paused and rolled his eyes as the woman decided to chase the wolf off for good, seeing as it was still trying to slink past him.

"No!" You said as he tried to feed you his blood.

"You will succumb to the bite if you don't take his blood." The man said firmly but you insisted that you wouldn't be fed.

"I can't. I'm allergic to blood." You said faintly.

"Allergic to blood. You're a vampire." Niklaus scoffed as he pressed his wrist to your lips.

"Klaus! She seems serious." The woman pointed out as you fainted.

***************************************

You groaned as you woke up. Sitting up you felt strange almost stronger. The hunger that usually burned through you had subsided. "You're awake." A blond woman said firmly.

"I don't understand. What's happened to me. I... I should be sick." You said quickly as you found your feet.

"You were right. What you said to Klaus. For some reason you're allergic to blood. No one knows why but I'm looking to see if I can cure it. You don't drink often?" She said as she strolled across the room to a table laid with magic objects.

"Only enough to stave off death entirely. Animal blood is... less well I suppose poisonous. Human blood is awful. I haven't had anything for much longer than usual, the werewolf." You explained.

"My brother's, Elijah and Klaus are dealing with the wolf. I'm Freya by the way." She smiled when you relaxed and nodded.

"(Y/N)." You answered shortly.

"It seems that Klaus' blood is... drinkable for you. My guess would be because he's a Hybrid. I'll need some of your blood to test the cures." She said, walking your way, starting to help herself.

Once Freya was done with you she said you could go, giving you a phone and change of clothes Elijah had set out for you in a room of your own. Apparently your allergy to blood had scared New Orleans enough that you needed to be cured in case you infected the city.

After a shower that washed away the grim, dirt and blood from being on the run you dressed and headed out to explore the city.

It felt like you didn't have a choice to stay but being in a protective house for once made a difference from being on the run. As your thoughts took over you found yourself following the scent of something mouthwatering. It wasn't until you realised you were in a bar, klaus was waving at you from the end of it and you edged towards him.

"Nice to see you awake. I'm Klaus." He said politely.

"(Y/N), Thank you. For saving me." You said and smiled when he smirked, motioning for a drink to be put in front of you.

"If you don't mind me asking why were you running from a wolf?" He asked and you sighed.

"The vampire that turned me... Was sick of me being sick. I guess. I'm not even sure how long I've been running." You explained and Klaus' curious smile vanished.

"He just, had you killed for being sick? No request to witches to help?" He asked and you sighed, downing your drink.

"He controls the town I grew up in. The witches fled when I was younger to get away, there aren't any that will work with him, not after he tricked a witch to make the wolves turn and keep them trapped, working for them. He isn't the sort of man that accepts any weakness." You said with a deep sigh and glanced at Klaus to see him glaring at his empty glass.

"We'll help you. But for now." He said as he took your glass, filling it with his blood from a cut he made on his hand. "The least I can do is keep you well fed."