Hope's Twin (Part One)

"Well hello Darling." Kol hummed when he found you sat alone.

"Hello Uncle Kol." You pouted up at him and he smirked.

"What's wrong?" He let you shuffle up and sit closer to him.

You pointed across the garden, the rest of the family were fussing and cooing over Hope. Kol couldn't help but feel irritated. They always left you out, of all people he thought Klaus would understand.

"How about I take you to the park?" Kol offered and you grinned at him.

The entire house jumped awake when Hope began crying. While Klaus, Hayley, Rebekah and Elijah rushed to comfort her, Kol went to check on you. When he reached your room he found it empty and instantly hurried into the Quarter to see if he could find you.

When he got back he found the family in the living room, Hope the centre of attention per usual, not a thought was spared on you.

"You know what I'm done." Kol snapped suddenly.

"What is it now brother?" Klaus sighed.

"(Y/N) has been missing for half an hour and none of you care... once I get her back we're leaving and I doubt you'd even miss her." Kol hissed, glowering as Klaus pinned him to the wall.

"You will not be taking my daughter anywhere and as for her being missing, she's asleep upstairs." Klaus let Kol go when his brother began to laugh at him and Elijah vanished before returning and shaking his head.

"She's not there." Elijah's words had the family finally realizing something was wrong.

"This is your fault, if you cared about (Y/N) just the slightest bit..." Kol yelled and flung Klaus across the room.

"You think I don't care about my daughters?" Klaus yelled back.

"No you don't, because she's a disappointment to you, she's not powerful like Hope, she won't give you the same power Hope will." Kol's words struck deep and Klaus stopped storming across the room, chest heaving, as he thought over what his brother was saying.

After what felt like forever in the dark the man guarding the room you were locked in cried out and your father tore through the door. He hurried to comfort you, wipe your tears away, or hold you till you weren't afraid.