Sweet Child Of Woe (Part Three)

"(Y/N) Marcel will be here soon." Camille called.

"Uhu." You hummed and stared off into nowhere. Camille clicked her tongue, spotting a tea spoon that was slowly rising and hurried to snap you out of it.

"(Y/N) sweetheart why don't you go and get dressed." She let out a puff of relief when you became focused on whatever you were doing in your room.

When Marcel arrived, he had his usual armful of gifts, sweet stories about your Mom, and a cryptic message about New Orleans. You zoned out while they were talking, feeling board and frustrated that you couldn't go anywhere without Camille, not that it was a new thing it was how you'd grown up.

"(Y/N)!" Camille gasped as the cup in your hands exploded.

"You saw that this time right!" You yelped and they exchanged a glance.

"Probably just a bad mug, we'll get some more." Marcel muttered and you rolled your eyes.

***********************************************************************************

"Hello?" you sighed and shook the metal gates.

Camille had gone, you had no idea where but she'd gone, leaving you to follow the clues and hopefully find Marcel who was the only another person you'd ever met. When a man appeared in front of the gates you jumped.

"I...I'm looking for Marcel Gerard." You mumbled and the man cocked his head before smirking widely.

"Well, well if our little lost cub hasn't returned." He hummed.

"Look dude could you just tell me where my uncle is?" You sighed and jiggled from one foot to the other.

"I'm right here, my name if Niklaus Mikaelson, you're my niece (Y/N) Claire-Mikaelson." Klaus said and you backed away from the still locked gate.

"No, my name of (Y/N) Gerard and my uncle is Marcel... I live with my aunt." You decided to head back to the bar Marcel said Camille used to work at but you could feel someone staring at you as you went.

****************************************************************************************

"Klaus why...?" Camille croaked and Elijah sighed, having given up on calming Klaus' rage.

"You gave your word that my niece would be allowed to return when she was ready, yet all signs point to you covering up every chance you had to come clean about who she was." Klaus' tone was dangerous and any affection he once had for Camille was replaced with a violent dead eyed stare.

"No, she wasn't ready." Camille whimpered.

"READY, you erased us from her life and gave her only enough information to find Marcel, she does not know her own name or recognize her flesh and blood!" Klaus was beyond furious and if it hadn't been for Rebekah clearing her throat and insisting that she needed him Elijah had no doubt he would have attacked Camille.

"Hope has left him to go with the wolves, nineteen years of progress gone." Elijah sighed and brought Camille a drink.

"Elijah if he tells her the truth..." She muttered and he nodded.

"How did you tell her that Kol and Davina..." Elijah trailed off and she sighed.

"A car crash on the way home." The room became dead and awkward.

"It would appear Marcel was waiting for (Y/N) with the witches, funny how my niece knew to go straight to my enemy." Klaus growled as he walked back into the room.