The Forgotten Mikaelson

Klaus sighed as he stared at the casket in front of him. It was much finer than the others he'd kept the rest of his family in. But then his reason for keeping you in there was different. At least he told himself that.

In short, Klaus couldn't stand the thought of you leaving, you'd been together for so long. But when Hope was born he found himself spending more and more time sat staring. Few people knew about you and for Klaus that was reason enough to keep you daggered, so you were safe.

But someone who was unknown, and supposedly dead, seemed the perfect person to protect Hope. All he wanted was to share his daughter with his sister. Without another thought Klaus Lifted the lid and yanked the dagger from your chest.

Elijah glanced up as Klaus set the dagger on the side, rummaging through the fridge full of blood before heading down to the basement again. "What is Nick up to now?" Rebekah said as she strolled in to find Elijah frowning at the door his brother had just vanished through.

"I think we're about to have a family reunion." Elijah glanced at Rebekah when she didn't answer. Instead she looked shocked for a moment before smiling.

"That little girl has Klaus wrapped around her thumb already." She said and they both laughed.

****************************************

Hayley tapped her foot as she waited in the car. Elijah was sat in the front. She didn't like the thought of a stranger meeting Hope. She had been assured that you, Klaus' twin, would never hurt Hope. But she'd seen the reactions of the other older Mikaelsons that hadn't been around. She was not in the mood for a fight and the empty car seat beside her was making her feel anxious.

She leant forwards when Rebekah's car approached. "Wow." Hayley said in a hushed voice as she saw you step out if the car. Elijah didn't say anything but Hayley was sure she heard him chuckle.

"Niklaus!" You snapped and marched towards him, he didn't move as you raised your hand to hit him but Rebekah prepared herself to dive on you. Though she'd rather not get between a pair of hybrids she was more than happy to for the baby in Klaus' arms.

"I thought you would like to meet your niece." Klaus said calmly and just as quickly as you rage started it vanished.

"My... Niece?" You said in disbelief as you regained composure and stared at the bundle in your twin's arms.

"We didn't believe it at first either, but here we are." Rebekah smiled as she watched Klaus hand over the baby.

Klaus smiled as he watched you and Hope. All the fears that he'd brought you out into danger, couldn't protect you now he had Hope to watch over, faded. He knew with every fiber of his being that he'd made the right choice.

"We'd like you to help with keeping her safe." Klaus muttered as he leant in and stroked Hope's cheek, both of you smiling when she cooed.

"Of course I will Nik." You whispered and smiled when he looked relieved. "I'm not forgiving you for sticking me in a box."

He nodded chuckling a little as he beckoned for Hayley and Elijah to exit the car. You spent a few minutes reuniting with Elijah.

When it came to meeting Hayley there was an awkward air between you two. Your brother's assumed it was due to another person making their way into the family and the fact that she'd mothered your twins child, you hadn't gotten time to adjust.

Rebekah knew better and rolled her eyes as she saw the sparks, wondering to herself why she was the only Mikaelson who seemed able to resist Hayley.

**************************************

"Hey." Hayley muttered as she shuffled through the soft grass to where you were pushing Hope on the swing.

"Morning. We've been up for hours." You said. She rolled her eyes and laughed a little.

"Thanks for getting her up." She smiled and cooed at Hope, avoiding her question that she asked every morning.

"I'm going to the Quarter, I want to ask Marcel about letting Klaus go." You said quietly. Hayley glanced up at you and nodded.

"I know. And I'm sorry I got mad last time. You're right he's part of Hope's family, your family and... It seems hopeless." Hayley said and ran a hand through her hair before giving you an adoring smile.

"I have to keep trying. I'm a Mikaelson, my only quality is sheer stubbornness." You joked. She laughed softly and kissed you.

"Fine. But don't be long, Freya's dropping by with a spell and she want's lunch." She reminded you. When you rolled your eyes she tutted. "You forget everything so don't act like that."

"Hey! I can quote every line Shakespeare wrote." You said with a gasp of feigning shock.

"Because you compelled him to write it." Hayley laughed as she picked Hope out of the swing and leant her on her hip.

"The boy had a talent, what can I say." With a wink to Hayley and a waved to Hope you headed to the car.