A Chance Missed

Stiles froze as he looked up and saw you. It was a busy party and you hadn't been sure if you'd be able to come. Deaton found someone last minute to cover for you and Scott. You'd both been delighted and rushed over to the party.

After a few minutes of talking with Lydia and along assurance that you'd dance with Malia and Kira later, after you found Stiles. No one was really sure where he was. Liam, who was having a drink with Theo and Mason, celebrating Theo's pact with the New orleans Bayou wolves, gave you a vague direction for your long term boyfriend.

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Stiles gasped as he scrambled to get dressed. The girl he was with was one of the newer deputies. Lydia had been to the station a few times since she'd started and mentioned that they were both acting odd. Malia dismissed her and insisted that Stiles smelled funny. Almost a month. It had almost been a month and you hadn't put it together. "Wait!"

"What's going on?" Malia said wearily as you pushed past people and reached the pack, who had gathered around Liam.

"I don't think I'll give you that dance." You tried to joke but she quickly hugged you tight, glaring at a disheveled Stiles and the deputy.

"I can walk you home." She said angrily. Kira realised quickly what was going on and rushed to join in on the hug. Scott started berating Stiles while stopping him from following you.

"Theo can give you a lift back to yours. He's leaving in a few hours." Lydia said with a smile, she had your coat and bag in her hand. When you glanced up at her she was glowering over at Scott and Stiles. If he survived Scott's brotherly interrogation. He wasn't going to make it through Lydia's. "We'll sort him out, get home and try to sleep. We'll see you in the morning."

Theo was waiting in his truck, Malia and Kira both hugged you tightly and asked if you were sure you wanted to go alone. Once Theo started driving it was hard to keep the tears in. "You know you don't have to stay here." He muttered and glanced at you.

"What?" You muttered, rubbing your eyes to keep the tears in.

"If you want you could come with me to New Orleans, the nightlife deadly but other than that it's pretty fun." He grinned when you laughed.

"I'm not the sort of person to just up and go." You said thoughtful, noticing it had started to rain. In the mirror you could see Theo's bags neatly packed, everything he owned and it barely filled the back seat.

"Maybe you should be. It doesn't take much to leave. You've never left Beacon Hills have you? Might be time." Theo muttered. The rest of the drive was quiet. He gently pulled up outside your apartment. You only had a few weeks left on the leese and the longer you think about it the more giddey you felt about leaving.

"I'll do it." You said, heart pounding so hard you could feel the anxiety meixing with excitement. It made you feel a little lightheaded. "Will you help me pack?" You added. Theo chuckled and nodded, pulling up fully in the driveway.

*******************************************************

"You don't look like someone who would hang around with wolves." A soft tone of a warm voice said. You looked up from your book to see a charming man leaning on the fence of the cafe you'd been sat at for most of the morning. Theo and Jackson had left you to go and make more headway with the pact between New Orleans and Beacon hills.

"You don't look like someone who would know about that sort of thing." You said and smiled when he chuckled.

"You'd be surprised." He mused.

"I doubt it. Where I'm from, nothing is surprising anymore." You said as you set your book down and turned to him. "Where are you from? You don't sound like you're from around here" You asked him and he shrugged.

"Oh, all over." He said, smiling to himself as he looked over the quarter. "Where are you from?" He asked playfully.

"Beacon Hills, Calli. Home to the very special wolves as Jackson Kenner likes to put it. They're not particularly special." You said as you grab you bag and book, leaving money for your drink. "They're not Original like you Mr Mikaelson." You said with a light laugh when he was stunned for a moment before laughing at your deviousness.

I think I'm going to like you staying here." Klaus muttered to himself as he returned to the courtyard where Elijah was watching with amusement.

*****************************************************************

Stiles followed the pack nervously. He hadn't heard from you for over a year. You'd left with Theo and he had no clue what to do. He made a mistake, he told everyone. It took them a long time to forgive him. For ten months they wouldn't even tell him where you'd gone. All he knew was Lydia received a call and she took care of everything for you as you weren't sure when you'd come back.

They were attending your birthday party and each member of the pack had asked if you were really ok with Stiles joining them. You'd told them you were fine and that you'd moved on from Stiles. He was heartbroken for a while. Then angry. He was frustrated when he friends all pointed out it was his own fault. He planned on finding who ever you'd moved on with and... he wasn't sure what he would do after.

The party was in short lavish, maybe even more than that. Lydia's jaw dropped when she saw how the whole quarter was decorated for your party. Areas that vibrates with loud music and flashing lights, some areas were more defined, classical, others rustic and more comunal.

"What do you think?" You asked as you spotted Lydia.

"This is insane. I say that as me who would have thrown a crazy party." Lydia said giddily.

"They had a little trouble deciding what to throw me. Marcel intervene and offered this proposal." You said and gestured to the happy crowds. You smiled and greeted the pack who were all more than happy to make a fuss. They were staying for a few days and you were delighted to see them.

Until you spotted Stiles at the back. "Hi." You said curtly.

"It's great to see you. I missed you." Stiles said as you nodded awkwardly.

"(Y/N), these would be the Theo's wolves." Klaus said as he strode up and hugged you. Grateful for the intervention you smiled.

"I'm not sure they would agree that they belong to Theo." You joked, seeing Liam had already darted off to be filled in on what New Orleans was like with Theo.

"Well we'll have to discuss that further. You must be the alpha. Pleasure to meet you." Klaus said as he held his hand out to Scott. Before you could add anything Rebekah hurried over to show you off somewhere else. Seeing your friends she insisted on bringing Lydia because it had been so long since anyone had seen a banshee.