Wish on a Witch ~ Halloween 2019

Klaus' attention was drawn from his painting by the soft steps of someone out in the courtyard. Setting his brush down he followed the sound. An irritable looking woman stood looking around, a pair of large duffle bags set at her feet.

"Klaus?" Freya said as she walked out onto the landing to see him staring with an odd dazed expression.

As soon as she spotted you she started down the stairs. "(Y/N)! Thank you for coming." She said as she swept you into a hug.

"Of course. As soon as you said you needed help I came, it's been too long." You said, squeezing her tightly before pulling away. "I have all my grimoires, a few things that might be helpful."

"Thank you, we could really use the help." She said, glancing to the doorway of the courtyard as Elijah and Hayley arrived. Klaus was still lurking watching you carefully from the balcony.

"Whose this?" Hayley asked suspiciously.

"(Y/N) (Y/LN)." Freya said camly. The name made Elijah frown as he looked you over as if he disbelieve that you could be who Freya claimed.

"The witch? You would have to be centuries old." He muttered as you rolled your eyes, looking away from Freya to Elijah.

"In the flesh. Here to help your family, of all people." You said sarcastically. There were a few sharp words exchanged between the Mikaelsons before Freya won the argument and they agreed to let you help.

*************************************************

"Thank you for the help. I'm sorry you have to leave so soon. I think you would enjoy the holiday festivities." Klaus said with a smile that could fool anyone into thinking he was nervous.

"My family has their own traditions. My mother was a coven leader, I go and spend time with her coven's descendants." You explained and he hummed thoughtfully in response.

"I don't get on with... well anyone well enough to do something like that." He joked.

"Well you never know, my mother would often say things can happen on a special Halloween that could never happen at any other time." You recalled, glancing at the moon that would be full the next evening, Halloween. "She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true."

"Well maybe she'll be right." Klaus muttered as he followed you gaze to the moon.

"Perhaps." You gave as a quick response.

"If not, then I hope you find your way back to New Orleans under better circumstances." He said with a hopeful tone as he flashed a wicked grin.