The First (Part Two)

"You'll never guess who I've found." Klaus declared as he walked in.

"Knowing you Niklaus it could be anyone." Elijah sighed as Klaus burst into the room.

"(Y/N), she's in New Orleans." Klaus smiled as he poured himself a drink and Elijah watched him carefully.

"You mean to tell me the girl that vanished has suddenly reappeared in the city, and just happens to do so around the time we arrive?" Elijah sighed dubiously.

"Well she was here and I drank with her so unless there are multiple versions of her, which I doubt there are seeing as her bloodline ended many years ago, it is the very same (Y/N) I turned a thousand years ago." He smiled to himself and decided he'd track you down again.

"Well I suppose it will be nice to have her home again, another voice of reason may do you well." Elijah sighed.

"She's changed, died her hair and she seems confident... less dependent on a protector." Klaus' voice trailed off and Elijah tensed his jaw.

"Niklaus you will not harm her if she rejects you, will you?" Elijah asked cautiously and he shrugged.

"Why would she reject me, after all she must have missed me all these years." He hummed and walked off with his drink in his hand.

************************************************************************************

"You know the view is better from above." Klaus muttered as he sat next to you on the bench.

"Yes, darling but I'm using discretion, when you have a free century I'll teach you what it means." You hummed and smiled to yourself as his smug smile dropped. "I don't know how you do it."

"Do what, Love?" He asked and you rolled your eyes.

"Live in this place, it's nice I'll give you that, but everyone knows you and you're out in the open so to speak." You threw a glance at him and he frowned.

"We live a perfectly ordinary life here." Klaus stated and you nodded.

"Ordinary... how long has it been since that word could be used to describe you... well I guess never." You muttered and looked at him over your glasses.

"You know I am most interested as to where you've been, I am your sire after all, how does a girl as infamous as you managed to vanish?" Klaus was tense and you could tell you were pushing him but you were having too much fun.

"It was easy really, you lot never notice anyone who isn't making a fuss, all I had to do was keep quiet and watch." You pushed your glasses back up and stood, turning to face him. "Do me a favour, people have started thinking I was turned by Elijah, I'd like to keep it that way."

**********************************************************************************

"Elijah!" Klaus bellowed as he burst into the house and stopped when he saw you sat in a chair, watching him in amusement.

"Well fancy seeing you here." You teased in mock surprise.

"You think you can just erase my presence in your life then you are wrong." He stepped towards you and went to continue but Elijah wondered in.

"Niklaus, do keep your temper, (Y/N) your tea." He handed you the cup and you sipped on it while watching Klaus in your peripheral vision, loving the fact that you'd wound him up enough to explode.

"I will not calm down!" He hissed and you smiled, deciding that ignoring him and focusing on Elijah would have the hybrid desperate for attention.

"So, you wanted somewhere to stay?" Elijah asked, continuing your conversation from before Klaus interrupted.

"Yes, I was hoping for something out of the way but not too far from the Quarter and wondered if you knew anything?" You asked and Elijah nodded.

"I can think of a few places, I will have a look for you." He offered and you smiled, glanced at a seething Klaus as you stood to leave, grabbing your bag.

"Thank you, Elijah, you'll find me at Marcel's." You told him as you walked to the door. "Oh, and Klaus, remind me next time to bring a colouring book, should keep you entertained while the grownups talk." You left the building with the sound of Klaus arguing with an overly amused Elijah.