Another Thunderstorm

Whenever you saw Klaus your cheeks would flush a bright red and you'd shuffle out of the room unless someone else was there with you. Things almost went back to how they'd been before the thunderstorm, you avoided his room, him and really only spoke to him when you had to.

In fact, you hadn't spoken to anyone about the night of the thunderstorm either. Normally you'd tell Rebekah everything that happened to you or you'd talk over your feelings with Elijah. You weren't sure why you kept it a secret.

Perhaps it was the thrill of having a secret involving the big bad Niklaus or the fear that if you revealed he had a softer side he might see fit to end your mortal life.

Eventually the night slipped to the back of your mind as the weeks passed and you started to feel slightly less awkward around Klaus. Unfortunately, the day you finally managed to sit in the same room as Klaus without blushing and breathing fast was followed by a night of loud thunder and torrential rain.

With your heart pounding in your chest you slide out of bed and run to the door. For a moment you wondered about waking Rebekah or Elijah but you didn't want to admit that the thunder terrified you. As silently as you could you tiptoed to Klaus' room, covering your mouth when you jumped at the sound of thunder echoing around the house.

The sound of his door being opened had Klaus wide awake but when your scent reached him he closed his eyes again, assuming that you'd gotten lost in the dark. However, when you rounded the bed and prodded him nervously he frowned, staying completely still so as not to scare the life out of you.

After making a small nervous noise you tugged the duvet off Klaus so you could climb in, your back to his as you curled up as small as possible. As soon as he heard the thunder he realised why you were in his bed, rolling over when your small hand found his and shifting the both of you to the centre of the bed.

"It's alright love." Klaus hummed, his voice cracked with sleep.

"I'm sorry." You whispered.

When another clap of thunder had a jolt of fear bolt through your whole body, hard enough to shake the bed a little, he gently rolled you over. A toned arm slid around your waist and firmly held you against the Hybrid while his other moved until your head was resting on his shoulder.

"Come on now (Y/N), it's just a noise." Klaus cooed. "I promise to keep you safe."

He was tempted to Compulse you to fall asleep when your fingers clutched onto his bare arm. He didn't say a word as you snuggled into his bare chest, your breath warm against him as he tried to keep himself awake until you fell asleep.

Your eyes fluttered shut and eventually your breath became even. He didn't mind that the sun was coming up or that his siblings would give him no end of grief when they found him cradling you.

He was just happy that something that was sweet and fragile compared to him had found comfort with him.