Rerun

"NO!" Klaus bellowed as you tried to run to him but a sudden pain burst through you, clutching to him as you collapsed.

"Niklaus?" You whimpered as he cradled you to his chest, ignoring the rest of the men who hurried after what had attacked you.

"Please... you must forgive me for not protecting you." He whispered hoarsely, tears spilling down his cheeks as the blood on your dress spread.

"It is not your fault." You smiled as he looked at you and shook his head.

"I shall suffer for not protecting you." He decided as if he'd vowed to punish himself.

After your funeral Elijah swore Klaus was never happy again, he would catch moments of satisfaction, but the look of bliss that his eyes held when he had been with you never met to broad smile.

But then something odd happened, a hundred years after your death, the Mikaelson's discovered a weary girl, identical to you with no memory of how you got to them. All you had was a torn and bloodied dress, a scar in the exact spot you'd first been injured and an utter persistence that Klaus held the key to your safety.

Klaus was suspicious, careless with you despite the fact that you trotted after him like a puppy. It didn't stop him from losing his mind when you were killed. After that it became a cycle, a hundred years would pass and you would return, new mind and no name, just the desperation to be near Klaus.

"She should be here by now... why hasn't she found me?" Klaus snapped, clearly on edge as the countdown to when he would see you again ended.

"Niklaus, the girl is always here, you do not need to worry just yet." Elijah sighed, his point was proven when a few hours later they spotted you stumbling towards the courtyard.

"Help?" you asked, unsure if you were afraid or if there was even anything to be afraid off.

"Of course, my Love." Klaus hummed, carefully picking you up, smiling as you relaxed into him, a rightness falling over the two of you.

"You can't keep her locked inside." Rebekah sighed when Klaus refused to let you go outside at all.

"If she is outside I can't protect her!" He hissed, knowing you were sleeping upstairs.

"So, she'll be back if she dies, let her have some fun." The blonde snapped and rolled her eyes at her brother.

"She is not dying, not this time." Klaus insisted.

"You understand she is human brother, the spell or whatever it is that brings her back will most likely stop working if she is turned and given the recorded I doubt she's going to survive long." Elijah pointed out, flinching slightly when Klaus was suddenly growling in his face.

"She does not leave this building without me, I have to be there to protect her." Klaus glowered at the two of them and headed up to his room where you were laying in his shirt, tangled in thin sheets as a refreshing breeze blew through the window.

"Niklaus?" you called, smiling when arms wrapped around you and soft kisses ghosted your neck.

"Yes, my Love?" He hummed content with you snuggled into him.

"I was just checking you were still with me." you mumbled shyly.

"I will never leave you (Y/N), not again." He promised, hoping he could keep his word, knowing he wouldn't be able to.