Hello Love (Part One)

"(Y/N) ... I need you to do it for me." Stefan said as he crouched down in front of you, the unwavering gaze of the vampire in front of you making you squirm in your seat.

"But I don't want to he's scary." You sighed.

"I know darling but I need you to do for me... I'll keep you safe I promise." Stefan stroked your cheek and smiled.

"But what if Klaus finds out?" You whimpered.

"Don't worry (Y/N), he'd never hurt you." He hummed, tapping the end of your nose and walking over to where Damon was smirking at him.

"Here I was thinking you were the good one." Damon snickered.

"We need leverage on Klaus and he likes (Y/N) enough to follow her around." Stefan shrugged.

"Still, toying with the Hybrid's heart doesn't seem like the safest plan." Damon cocked an eyebrow but Stefan simply watched you sitting where he'd told you to. "Good job she adores you."

"Hello love." Klaus said smugly as he found you sat alone at the bar. Matt glanced between you and the Hybrid but said nothing as he set your drink down and retreated to the other end of the bar.

"Hello Klaus." You say as he sat next to you.

"Well aren't we friendly today." He eyed you carefully before smiling at you, seeming happy when you wearily returned the smile.

Eventually you left the bar and headed to the shops, Klaus following after you as you tried to keep calm. He spent the entire day charming you and attempting to make you laugh, you couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor Hybrid's attempts when your mind wondered to Stefan's plan.

Stefan smiled to himself as he went to Klaus' meeting place. While he knew Klaus thought he had the upper hand there was no way he'd figured out that you weren't actually in love with him, Stefan had made sure to get closer to you while you were luring in Klaus.

After all he didn't want you to suddenly betray him for the allure of the Original.

"Stefan always a pleasure." Klaus' tone was tight and irritable.

"Why am I here Klaus?" Stefan sighed.

The two vampires talked for hours, the tension between the growing as negotiations and plans went nowhere. Finally, Stefan couldn't take it anymore and he stood, glaring at Klaus who had smug smile plastered on his face.

"I'll tell (Y/N) You said hello." Stefan tried to keep a straight face as Klaus smile began to fade. "She didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Klaus snapped and began almost bristling.

"That she's not in love with you." Stefan smirked at Klaus.

"Well it takes work to charm a girl like (Y/N)." Klaus hid his disappointment behind his bitter tone.

"Not at all Niklaus, in fact she was so willing to help me all I had to do was ask." Stefan chuckled as Klaus began to lose his composure. "For once you played the sweet gentleman but I was always ahead of you."

"You're lying." Klaus snapped quickly.

"She told you I kept following her home after she left your dates, that's why she smelt like me." Stefan watched the anger flicker through Klaus' eyes. "Exactly what I told her to say, you know she actually felt guilty for playing you and almost gave me up... we both know how easy it is to play a girl's heart and all I had to do was convince (Y/N) all I wanted was her."

"You used her." Klaus growled out.

"Don't pretend you wouldn't." Stefan snapped back.

"Not something as sweet and innocent as (Y/N)." Klaus was now beyond furious, of all the treasures he'd seen in his long life you were by far his favourite.

"Deliciously sweet but a little less innocent when I was done with her, I had to make her forget your kiss somehow." Stefan watched as Klaus seemed to explode.

The thought of Stefan roughly draining you fuelled Klaus' anger even more and he could no longer control himself, the satisfying sound of Stefan breaking in his hands had him slowly pulling through his haze and looking at the unconscious vampire.