Fall Together

Hayley stood in the hallway for a moment. You were sat sipping at you drink reading a book that Klaus had recommended. In fact he'd learnt you the first edition and even offered to share the copy with the author's original notes with you. She wasn't used to Klaus being so friendly. It was like he wanted you to like him more than anything.

"I know." Hayley said as she glanced at you. You frowned and stood from your seat and walked over to where she'd slouched against the doorframe.

"You know what, exactly?" You asked and she grinned at you.

"You'd think by now you'd know we can't keep secrets. We are twins after all." She pointed out with a smirk.

"And yet when you said you'd gotten knocked up by an Original Vampire I was completely taken by surprise." You teased and rolled your eyes when she huffed out at laugh.

"You like Klaus though. Don't you. You have some pretty serious feelings." She looked serious and you started to shuffle awkwardly.

"What are we kids at high school? Why does it matter who I like or don't?" You said defensively.

"There's nothing wrong with you belong in love with my daughter's father." She said with a bite to her tone.

"Exactly. You go off with Elijah and I'll stay here with Klaus." You raised your eyebrows and let out a giggle as she looked completely surprised.

**************************************************************

"I enjoyed the book." You said quietly. Klaus looked up from his painting and smiled as you set the book on the side table near him.

"I thought you might. I have some more of his works, if you'd like to read them as well." He offered, getting up from the floor and wiping his hands on a painty rag. He motioned for you to follow him to his room where he pointed out several more books.

He pursued them for a moment before finding another he thought you'd enjoy. "There you are." He said while handing you the book. There was an awkward moment that passed between the two of you while you both smiled and waited for it to pass.

"I'm glad everyones... alright. After Lucian." You said and Klaus nodded.

"Me too. Hopefully he doesn't come back." Klaus paused before sighing. "Freya's working on finding where he is just in case."

After thanking him again for the book you informed your sister that you'd be reading in the Quarter and that if she really needed you that she could find you there. Time passed by and you started to feel as if someone was watching you. Closing the book to look around you spotted Aurora out of the corner of your eye. Your stomach dropped, maybe they hadn't gone for good like you'd thought.

Hoping to rush back to the house you started pushing past people, hearing a giggle behind you, you pushed past people, seeing Klaus and Elijah talking outside you called out and they turned to see you just as something clenched around your neck. "We'll see how much he likes you when you're a wolf. Lets help that change along." Aurora hissed in your ear. You could see Klaus rushing towards you as she squeezed your throat. She didn't know Klaus had give you his blood to heal form the fight with Lucian hours earlier that morning. Elijah yanked Aurora away from you while Klaus caught you. You'd be able to get her back. She just didn't know how.