Always Love You

Warnings: sad ending

There were few things in your long life that still gave you comfort. One of those had been Niklaus. At least until he sent you away and attempted to kill your brothers, hoping the distance between you would stop messages from your brothers reaching you.

Unfortunately for the hybrid he'd underestimated the bond the three of you had. While it was true your brothers seemed to be caught in a never ending battle, there was one thing in the world that would, without a doubt have them joining forces ever time. You.

They had debated for a year on the topic of turning you and when you reached the same age as Stefan they finally decided to share equal amounts of blood with you. Unfortunately for them even their combined efforts didn't stop your stubborn streak which is how you found yourself in a several century long relationship with Klaus.

You opened the front door of the boarding house and stepped out onto porch. It had been so long since you'd run from Klaus that you were starting to get your confidence back, you'd wonder around as if you owned the town, much to the relief of your brothers.

All that confidence vanished when something crushed under your foot and you looked down to find a rose that was such a dark red that it almost looked black. Your un-beating heart would have stopped if it could, there was only one person who gave you that flower, the person you'd hoped to have forgotten you.

Stefan growled as he tried to look for Damon, wondering if it would be easier to bite his way to clear the room quicker, fishing in his pocket when his phone binged.

(Y/N): Originals.

He didn't need you to say anything else in the text. Instead of patiently dodging past people he barged them out of the way in a desperate attempt to get home before you panicked too much.

"It's been a long time, Stefan." The unmistakable voice of Rebekah had Stefan stopping before he could rush out of sight.

"Rebekah what do you want?" Stefan growled out.

"Since your sister left us my dear brother has been impossible to deal with so I've decided to help him look for her." Rebekah hummed before grabbing Stefan by the front of his shirt and threw him clear across the carpark and into the woods.

"So darling what exactly is it that makes you think the Originals are here?" Damon sighed as he finally managed to stop your hysterical rambling and get actual strings of words that mad sense.