Helping a Hybrid (Part Three)

"There all done." You said and smiled at Hayley who gave you a soft smile back.

"So what's the verdict?" She asked and glanced at Elijah who was glaring at you and had been all the way through your examination of Hayley.

"Well." You said as you voice cracked, feeling nervous that Klaus hadn't come but Elijah had been very critical. "You're not the same kind of wolf that I'm used to but I did manage to get a lot of research done before this." You explained.

"Is the baby fine?" Elijah asked firmly.

"Brother, is there really need to frighten the poor girl, that's usually myhabit." Klaus asked as he leant on the doorway of the vet Elijah had cleared out for you.

"From what I can see Hayley has heightened healing abilities, higher than normal for New Orleans wolves. Also your hearing... you really failed that test. I can't believe you lot wouldn't evolve better hearing, Scott's is scary good." You said and turned to Hayley who laughed.

"Hey, maybe I'm not as good as your new fangled werewolves but I can still kick ass." She said playfully.

"I'm sure you can." You said though a sigh and fiddled with the files you'd written down about the baby. "I think that's all for now."

"What about the child?" Klaus asked and you winced.

"I need to check with Deaton there's some... discrepancies." You admitted and everyone went quiet. "But they're healthy."

Reluctantly Hayley convinced them to let you go back to the house and contact Deaton for more answers. Despite video calling him for hours, sending emails back and forth with the information you had gathered Deaton couldn't answer all of your questions. Or the questions of the worried Mikaelsons that kept popping in and out.

"Niklaus I feel this may have been a mistake." Elijah said as he caught his brother finishing a meal.

"A mistake? She has been very helpful, do you have an issue about that?" Klaus asked angrily.

"Why has she not told us what she found out about the baby?" Elijah pointed out. Klaus didn't have an answer for his brother and merely shook his head.

***************************************************

"You said you needed (Y/N)?" Theo said and smiled when he realised you were dawdling behind him due to the mass of werewolves in the reception room.

"A wolf is pregnant and was attacked by hunters, Melissa is on her way down but (Y/N) was closer." Deaton explained.

"But I've only started Nurse training. I don't know how to help!" You admitted, glancing at Theo as you started to panic.

"I trust you (Y/N). You can make the right call. I'm right here if you need my help." Theo said gently. He smirked when you fixed him a wide eyed look but started to calm and nodded firmly.

"What do you need me to do?" You asked Deaton who rushed you to the back. The wolf was sobbing, her partner holding her hand tightly.

"Set up the equipment." He snapped. You rushed to set it up and handed the scanner to Deaton while calling for Theo.

"Theo take her pain and try to calm her. Sir I'm going to need you to wait with your pack." You said with a look that had no one arguing with you.

"(Y/N)... look at this." Deaton muttered. You'd helped Melissa and Deaton birth pups before. A werewolf had been turned around in a storm, she and her sister had needed help and you were the only training nurse they could ask. After that Deaton had been teaching you the medical parts of being an Envoy.

"This isn't normal... what happened?" You asked Deaton who was staring at the screen.

"What's wrong?" The wolf asked and Theo hushed her.

"You're lucky." Deaton started to explain. "The wolvesbayne you were exposed to has affected the child but rather than get sick it seems one of you had witch blood in the family, she's displaying signs of very early which development." Deaton said gently.

"A girl. She'll be fine?" The mother gasped.

"For now but It would be best if you stayed in the town so I can keep a close eye on you. I'm sure the packs here wouldn't mind." Deaton said and glanced at Theo who nodded.

"Fine by me. Sure that Scott wont object." He answered to the wolf's relief.

*********************************************************************

"Have you been exposed to any chemical by hunters recently?" You asked Hayley at dinner.

"Why?" She snapped quickly.

"What about food has anyone tried to poison you?" You muttered.

"What exactly are you getting at?" Elijah asked with his arms crossed.

"It doesn't make any sense." You muttered, looking over the folder that was distracting you from your food.

"Forgive my brothers being so brash." Rebekah said. She had arrived the day before, introduced to you as you rushed by her and Klaus with a heavy old book under your nose. "How can we help you figure out your answer to our questions."

"I've only seen this once before and it doesn't make any sense." You explained to her and she smiled victoriously at her brothers, finally getting more than confused rambling from you.

"Hybrid genes are dominant. More so than even werewolf genes. I expected the baby to well. Match up almost exactly to my inspection of Klaus. But it's not. Not like Hayley either." You muttered and looked over the file again.

"So the baby is healthy?" Hayley asked and you looked up at where she was sat across the table from you.

"She's healthy it's just... She isn't just a wolf Hybrid. There's something more to her, it shouldn't be possible. I need more... more information but of course there isn't any." You explained.

"Look this isn't exactly the usual thing to deal with. I mean I can't even go to a doctor. So I understand you have to figure this all out." She smiled when you nodded.

"There is a slim. Very slim chance that Klaus already has a son who had died but was a little like the baby but you wont like who it might be." You admitted. Klaus scoffed and rolled his eyes but Rebekah stopped him.

"You think my brother has a son that he doesn't know about?" Elijah scoffed out and you nodded.

"We don't have much history the Argents and Cavaleras would destroy artifacts like talismans and books. But both myself and Deaton found two references to Sebastien Valet's father. The description matches one that was given to Klaus in the seventeen Hundreds in the same area that I can confirm was Klaus but there's just one problem." You explained. Klaus was frozen to the spot. Elijah looked over the copies you'd gathered and sighed, muttering an agreement that you were right. It looked very suspect.

"What exactly is the problem?" Hayley asked as she pushed the food around the plate, unsure if she wanted the answer.

"The theory gives some weight to the witches claim that the baby could be evil. Sébastien Valet... was La Bête du Gévaudan. The first werewolf like the ones I grew up with. He was or became completely evil. Only his sister stopped him." You didn't look up from your book as you handed it over to Elijah so he could read the passage about the Valet family.