Prompt

Anger wasn't the right word. Irritated didn't feel quite right either. Klaus would tell you what you could or couldn't do. To keep you safe. But at some point it was just over the top. Now he'd tried to enforce a curfew. When you pointed out that you were an adult and he couldn't, he pointed out you were just human. Which descended into an argument that Elijah had to break up.

As you went outside to walk around the quarter and calm down you'd encountered Lucien. He smiled and approached, inviting you to a party when you complained about Klaus. Which was how you'd ended up dancing with what you assumed was a crowd of vampires, witches and a few humans that the vampires no doubt planned to feed on.

Lucien had danced with you, plying you with drinks. Though he'd vanished a few minutes ago.

"(Y/N)!" Klaus snapped when he saw you. Lucien was next to him, a devilish look on his face as he watched the two of you. "We've been looking for you, trying to keep you safe and you're out here..."

"Shut up." You said, cutting him off. Lucien snickered as Klaus spluttered for words.

"Did she just tell me to "shut up?"" Klaus asked Lucien who nodded.

"I believe she did. But in fairness she does appear to be having a wonderful time." Lucien said, twisting the knife in Klaus' back. Klaus scowled at Lucien, realising you were likely here by Lucien's hand. Deciding to simply step back and observe while you had a good time he retreated to a seat, finding himself a drink as he crossed the room with Lucien following after him.