Chapter 50

Final Chapter- Enjoy!

--------

"I don't know, Davide has been so fussy since we got here. I feel terrible leaving him all day." Viviana said, looking at Davide who for the moment was busy standing at a table and turnign the pages in a book.

Matteo smiled- he loved watching this woman care for that little boy.

"Marina can handle him, Vivi." Matteo said, smiling at the young girl who was pulling out a few toys to catch Davide's attention. Viviana sighed and walked over to Matteo.

"It's true Mrs. Peroni- we will be fine. I am sure Davide will have a hard day but the sooner he gets used to us consoling him to, the better for you and Mr. Peroni to enjoy your time this summer. " Marian said sweetly, running her fingers through Davide's pretty blonde hair. It was quite astonishing to most people to think that two people with such dark features could have a perfectly blonde little boy.

And still- Davide was like a tiny clone of his father.

"Besides, Vivi- it's just a day. We'll be back by dinner." Matteo said, wrapping his arms around her.

Francesca walked in then with a smile.

"And we'll have a wonderful meal prepared for you- you'll see." Francesca added with a wink.

Viviana sighed again.

"Okay- fine. Come here baby." She said, kneeling again and calling Davide towards her. The little boy ran, pratically knocking her back as he hopped on her and making her laugh.

"Be a good boy, Davide. Mommy loves you." Viviana said, kissing his forehead lightly and pushing his soft hair back.

Matteo knelt down as well, looking over the little boy who was no longer so little. He was growing much too fast- by leaps and bounds and he was certain one day he'd be a big man.

"Story?" Davide mumbled, reaching over towards Matteo who picked him up and stood.

"Sorry, we're can't right now pal." Matteo said and Davide wrinkled his nose.

"Story pal." He repeated, making Viviana chuckle.

"You be careful, he repeats everything these days." Viviana said.

"Daddy boat. Sir go on the boat." Davide mumbled.

"Yes, Daddy and Mommy are going on the boat." Matteo said, giving him a kiss.

"I go on boat." Davide said but Matteo shook his head.

"When you're older- we can go on the boat together." He said, handing Davide to Mariana. Davide squirmed unhappily.

"Mommy... mommy." He cried out as Viviana and Matteo left the room.

It wasn't the first time she'd had to leave Davide crying- he could be quite the spoiled momma's boy but something about this felt different.

"Are you sure we need to go out today?" Viviana asked as they walked down the hall.

"He'll be fine, Vivi- he'll be just fine." Matteo said with a sigh.

"I know but... I don't know. I feel strange." She said, putting her hand on her chest as they headed to the front.

"Are you feeling sick?" he asked and Viviana shook her head.

"No. I'm not- I just feel nervous." she said, looking out at the boat which was docked in the distance.

"Don't be." Matteo said, taking her chin in his fingers and tilting her face up to his. "Everything is fine- we're just going to enjoy a nice sunny day on the boat."