Chapter 22

Javi placed a blanket on the floor and then took several pillows from the bed, making it as comfortable as possible. She was used to sleeping on an old rickety sofa so the thought of sleeping on the floor didn't seem like too much for a challenge to her.

No, the real challenge was sleeping in the same room as him.

Luckily, they'd be leaving early the next morning although she still had to see him everyday and that in itself was enough to leave here restless.

They had hardly spoken over the last few days- which is hard when you're supposed to be playing the part of a happily married couple.

Javi lay down and pulled her hair back tossing it over the pillow. A few seconds later, Jack walked and she shut her eyes, pretending to be fast asleep.

She heard him moving but it wasn't until she was sure the lights were off and he was on the other side of the bed, in his own makeshift sleeping bag, that she dared open her eyes again. And again she was accosted by the visions of what had almost happened.

Javi felt as Jack picked her up and slammed her against the wall- not so hard that she was writhing in pain but enough so that an instinct to fight back should have kicked in... and instead something strange happened. She roughly pulled him closer, digging her nails as much she could into him- kissing and biting like some savage, like a wild animal frantically looking for freedom.

It was hot. Was the water that hot? Or was the heat coming from them. The water still streamed down over them, making it harder to hold on to each other and somehow neither of them released their firm grip.

She shoved her angry hands in his hair, pulling his head back and a strange chuckle escaped as he leaned his body forward and practically crushed her against the tile. Not that it hurt- and if it did then Javi must have mental problems because it was the most delicious pain she'd ever felt.

And that sound he made- the chuckle that was dangerously close to a cry of vengeance and rage- she wasn't scared of it, she wanted more of it. She wanted to hear every sound those beautiful lips could make and so she crashed her lips back down on his feeling like she'd devour him.

She felt when he pushed her away, her legs not releasing him but that wasn't his intention anyway. He'd pushed her against the tile so that he could remove the shirt that had outlined every muscle on his body. The great expanse of skin she'd often seen before, usually as they fought, was now exposed in a very different kind of battle and she immediately raised her arms in cooperation as he reached to pull off the dress that was covering her, hardly giving him enough time to do so as she eagerly shot forward and bit on his shoulder. He was a large man- and yet she was not remotely intimidated. Again that sexy chuckle... and then maybe a moan as the two hot bodies finally made contact.

That was it, she would go insane if he didn't fuck her. She almost surprised herself when she thought it- she knew without having to be told what she wanted, what she needed and just when she would have demanded that he make love to her violently, a knock at the door made him drop her.

"ow." She said, about to complain but he brought his fingers to his lips, stepping out of the shower and onto the restroom floor, leaving giant puddles of water as he walked. Javi stood and watched how he had reached for his gun, approaching the door.

Again the knock. Javi reached over to turn off the faucet but he shook his head and signaled for her to get back down, which she did, her mind much too fuzzy from what had almost happened to think clearly.

"Yes?" Jack called, peeking through the peep hole.

"Excuse me, Sir. We have a noise complaint." The night guard said.