Chapter 47

Javi stared at Andre for a moment- realizing that he was dead.

It was a shock- a huge shock. She'd downright panicked. Javi took a deep breath- had she really just killed a man for knowing more than he should?

Javi jumped back- he moved.

"Oh my god." She mumbled, running to his side.

He wasn't dead, he was not dead.

She quickly searched the wound, realizing she'd grazed his side but the wound was not deep and for the first time, Javi was glad she was not an expert shot.

Andre was very still- it was obvious he was in shock.

"It's okay. You're okay." Javi muttered, opening the shirt and wiping the cut clean. Her fingers trembled- she couldn't believe what she'd almost done.

Javi stood and looked around- it was quiet. She quickly ran towards her things, she needed to leave as quickly as possible.
Then it hit her- a gun shot was fired.

Where was Andre's staff coming to help?

"Everyone's gone." She turned as she heard the words and found Andre standing in front of her, ready to lunge.

"You weren't ever going to let me leave, were you?" Javi asked, taking a step back.

"Now you understand." Andre said, jumping at Javi and managing to knock her over.

Javi grunted, feeling a little pain in her wrist as Andre tried to wrap his hands around her throat.

But she jolted forward, hitting him hard and fast against the head with her own. Andre stumbled back and Javi lay dazed for a second before climbing to her feef as he lunged at her again.

Still-she managed to jump up and land a kick on his chest, sending him back against the wall... But not for long. Andre charged again, punching left and right but Javi moved quickly, remembering this was her greatest strength- she was fast.

In vain, Andre jumped again and again until Javi reached out to block his punch and this time tripped him with a low kick that sent him flying to the floor. She watched as he looked like he might get back up, but easily kicked him again in the face.

He was still.

Javi looked around the room, catching her breath before she finally walked over to her gun which sat on the far corner. She picked it up holding it in her hand before pointing it to her side without turning, where Andre was already getting up.

"One more step and I promise I won't miss." She said without moving.

"I'll kill you, you stupid little..." He began moving towards her nonetheless.

Again the gun went off- this time right between his eyes

----

Jack drove as quickly as he could into Telchac- driving towards the beach. He'd been told the house would be easy to spot but he still wasn't sure what to expect... Then he saw her.

She was walking along, her bag over her shoulder, her hair pulled into a messy bun and her arms wrapped tightly around herself.